Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,937   Posts: 1,585,640   Online: 813

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Who did you write? I wrote Fuji USA and got a non-answer (.... Fuji 50 was discontinued, <blah><blah><blah>, but will be available sometime in the summer).
    I think the same person responded to me...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by t_nunn View Post
    I think the same person responded to me...
    I suspect I won't hear back from them. I responded and told them, that I'm a pro landscape photograher and Fuji ProNet member, and that I wasn't interested in non-answers. Gee.... good old corporate USA has invaded Fuji :o
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm

My Fujifilm contact

I sent her an email this morning, asking if I can share her address here. I'll let you know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

megaperls had it

I bought some 120 from megaperls website - it was in my hands in about 10 days. The service is excellant. This has the Japanese writing on the package so not intended for export but, on the other hand, available now! Have not got it back yet from processing so no results.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm getting ready to order film for an upcoming trip, and was trying to decide whether to hold off or not.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert,

I paid the extra for express shipping with web site tracking. It looked like most of the time was getting through Canadian customs (USA may be faster?) It was out of Japan and in Vancouver within 3 business days of the order so not sure how it would be to Hawaii. It looks like he has new velvia in 120, 220 and 4x5 but old velvia in 35mm
    Megaperls
    Last edited by MartinB; 06-22-2007 at 12:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    Robert,

I paid the extra for express shipping with web site tracking. It looked like most of the time was getting through Canadian customs (USA may be faster?) It was out of Japan and in Vancouver within 3 business days of the order so not sure how it would be to Hawaii. It looks like he has new velvia in 120, 220 and 4x5 but old velvia in 35mm
    Megaperls
    I still have a stash of the old 50, but not in QuickLoads (which I prefer for traveling). I'm afraid Megaperls would probably be too expensive, but I'll keep them in mind. I plan on shooting Velvia 100 in the Nikon and have a good supply of that already.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fuji Canada yesterday claimed it was currently being shipped to local shops. YMMV. I think they listed Vistek and Henry's in the email but I forget.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Evening all... think I can add something to this discussion.

My friend David Ward has been testing the new emulsion and has posted a comparison and mini-review on 15 June at his blog oceans of instants. There are some well considered musings there too - as those familiar with David's writing and images would expect. He's been making some wonderful pictures this year.

Apart from the slight change in colour, the new one being marginally more neutral, the film is a true ISO50 apparently confirmed by Joe Cornish too.

I now have a box of Quickload which I'll test in the near future. Forgot to put a couple of sheets in the bag for this morning's outing, so have rectified that now...!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Bradford View Post
    Evening all... think I can add something to this discussion.

My friend David Ward has been testing the new emulsion and has posted a comparison and mini-review on 15 June at his blog oceans of instants. There are some well considered musings there too - as those familiar with David's writing and images would expect. He's been making some wonderful pictures this year.

Apart from the slight change in colour, the new one being marginally more neutral, the film is a true ISO50 apparently confirmed by Joe Cornish too.

I now have a box of Quickload which I'll test in the near future. Forgot to put a couple of sheets in the bag for this morning's outing, so have rectified that now...!
    Thanks Baxter. I always enjoy reading David's articles. I wasn't aware he had a blog, but I'll be watching it from now on out.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin