Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,411   Online: 1103

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Velvia 50 Strikes Back!

I was able to obtain a few (35mm) rolls of this newly-re-released emulsion and here are a few shots (taken with an Olympus OM-10) :

It *seems* to me that this modern, updated emulsion is a tiny bit kinder with skin tones than the previous one. It also seems less intense with the reds, but as with the original, green and blue are quite pronounced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Amazing color. Will have to snag a few rolls myself!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cool tricycle!

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    May I ask where you got it? Is it available over the counter here in the States yet?

Shooter
    35mm

Fujifilm USA

Quote Originally Posted by dmr View Post
    May I ask where you got it? Is it available over the counter here in the States yet?
    I sent an email to Fujifilm USA asking when it would be available. The gal wrote back sometime in June or early Summer, and asked if I'd like some sample rolls. She sent me 5 rolls. I've shot two rolls. If you'd like I'd be happy to send you a roll, or you could ask Fuji for a pre-release sample.

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got samples from Fuji UK about a month ago and so far I've used one 120 roll in parallel with some of my last remaining stock of the original RVP material. For my application (which did not include people) I found it tough to tell much difference between the original and new versions- which I think is positive whilst we have the somewhat different Velvia 100 to choose from too.

Thats a preliminary view.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't seen any here in Canada. By the looks of the posted samples, I think I would be interested in trying out a few rolls.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice, I can't wait to see Velvia 50 hit the shelves here in Greater Toronto.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    I sent an email to Fujifilm USA asking when it would be available. The gal wrote back sometime in June or early Summer, and asked if I'd like some sample rolls. She sent me 5 rolls. I've shot two rolls. If you'd like I'd be happy to send you a roll, or you could ask Fuji for a pre-release sample.
    Thanks. If "early summer" is the target, I think I can hold my breath. I'm sure two of the shops here will start carrying it when it makes its way into the pipeline.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Who did you write? I wrote Fuji USA and got a non-answer (.... Fuji 50 was discontinued, <blah><blah><blah>, but will be available sometime in the summer).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin