Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,075   Online: 798

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I would miss having access to the chemicals that I could use for making my own product. I currently cut down surplus aero film and mix my own developer. I build my own contact printers. I modified my old enlarger, a 5x7 Elwood to take 4x5 negs by making my own neg holder. I make my own picture frames. I haven't yet, but imagine that with some mental effort I could create glass plates for negatives and print onto albumen. I am as creative a person as needs be for the situation. When I am no longer legally able to buy chemicals, then I will have to find another hobby. And yes, given the current "over the top" state of paranoia that exists these days, I am afraid that the day is coming.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I already miss 220 Delta 400, Tech Pan, Scala, Panalure.

David.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think the disappearance of 126 format has been a loss. Reasons I'd like to use 126:
    1. I like square formats.
    2. No time consuming manual rewinds
    3. No noisy motor rewinds
    4. No fumbling to spool the leader

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm,
    I already miss J&C.

Charlie............................

Shooter
    Multi Format
    MF interchangeable lens cameras (hopefully my C220 and Seiko shutters will be repairable for a while yet).

MF color negative.

As I gradually add accoutrements to the C220 (flash bracket with handle), I find I like to take it out more than I do the 35mms (even the F2a, which really is the perfect camera. They should have frozen that design. I wish I had a 6x4.5 version)

I already miss APX 100 and Ektalure, and have some slides on old Agfa asa 50 slide film), which would be hard to duplicate. However, I still have better color film than ever before. What I really miss is my old repairman, 40 some years with 'blad, then opened his own shop in North NJ. Could fix anything and sold me my first F. Regrettably, he was probably 50 years older than me, and has been gone for years.

Lets see: The Meopta 4x4 enlarger (gone!) Tri-X sheet film. Agfa APX 100 (gone!). 127 verichrome pan (Gone!) B&W graded FB paper. The 8x10 conversion kit for the Beseler 45 (just in case my Elwood gets termites or something---probably gone!) And anything in 11x14 format. I probably left out a lot of stuff!

...and Tmax 400 sheet film!

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolliscroft View Post
    I already miss 220 Delta 400, Tech Pan, Scala, Panalure.

David.
    Hmmmm....had no idea Delta 400 was ever made in 220? Tho we may well have APX 100 again soon
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin