Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,887   Posts: 1,520,687   Online: 1109

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    JJC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So its true?........ Even the bit about the inkjet banners?.........
    I think I'm going to be sick.
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." - Jim Horning

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Now it will be a park. Grass only.
    In the East they are ahead of time. Look at the SVEMA plant. They let trees grow on their obsolete buildings...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does the irony of imploding buildings with "exciting" slogans about their new inkjet business not elicit even the slightest bit of pause in the PR flaks?

Maybe Perez can push the plunger down from on top of one of the buildings...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Goodbye to two vererable old Kodak buildings.

Now it will be a park. Grass only.

PE
    For 35 years I worked at the GE campus in Schenectady. When I started, there were about 200 buildings on the campus. Today, there are about 10.

The building I was in for the first 25 years was demolished in 1996, and the building where I spent my last 10 years (and which was erected around 1910 as the corporate headquarters) is scheduled for demolition later this year.

Taxes are much lower on grass than on empty buildings.

Sad? Yes. But I'm now retired, and I'm a shareholder, and the stock has been in the dink for too long. Anything that enhances shareholder value is a good thing.
    Last edited by Monophoto; 06-29-2007 at 08:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Louie

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I did not think about an tax issue.

Here I find it typical that unused industrial buildings etc. remain left to themselves for a decades. Being by that time damaged to their structure. Then when they are going to be demolished some people realize their former architectural value and in vain try to stop the demolition. Or someone gets the idea that they would be ideal for housing, office, retail etc. and restores or rather rebuilds them…

Back to photography. In Wolfen they kept one building out of the first building phase alive to remind of the history of that place incorporating a museum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by circlesofconfusion View Post
    Kodak Park Building Implosions

The following is a message to Kodak Rochester employees from Paul
    Walrath, Chief Operating Officer, Film Products Group.

This will be a historic moment in our transformation...
    I guess Kodak already laid off everyone who might have reviewed Mr. Walrath's message and corrected it to read "...an historic..."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for posting this.

One thing that would really help Rochester would be to remove all the abandoned buildings in the area.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "This will be a historic moment in our transformation ... while celebrating another technological revolution that only Kodak can claim"

really? You guys are becoming funny.

How about Kodak building some miles away in Lake avenue. Will fly and that one soon.

www.Leica-R.com
    Last edited by Daniel_OB; 06-29-2007 at 01:27 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We just drove by.

The signs are up on B-9. The park looks like a mess with piles of rubble everywhere. There is a circus tent up in the #43 parking lot at Lake and Hanford for the expected masses tomorrow morning (I guess). They have put tarps on the south side of B-59 to protect it from debris. B-59 was my home for over 30 years. It is the second Research Lab building and the site of nearly all of the research coating machines and emulsion facilities. So, it was a natural home to me. B-2, the research annex and B-42 the newer annex, both to the west of 59 are now gone.

B-23, on Ridge Road, is in the last stages of gutting today getting ready for Sunday's show.

The north side of 83, the new research building still stands incomplete. The plan was to add a new tower to the north and move all film making R&D there, but it was never to be. The south side of the B-81 research annex is still incomplete. That is the digital fabrication lab.

This was my first trip by there in about a year. I usually take visiting APUG members by to see the place.

PE
    Last edited by Photo Engineer; 06-29-2007 at 04:24 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry PE, gotta be a rough thing to witness...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin