Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,519   Posts: 1,543,779   Online: 850

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    That's the big revolutionary move that they hope will save Kodak--decent printers with good quality cheap ink aimed at a broad audience.
    This is certainly off-topic, but the few reviews I have bothered to check indicate that the paper options purported to offer the dramatically lower costs per page simply don't offer adequate quality (some have remarked they are "draft quality" and not "lab quality"). And the options that produce quality comparable to the competition eliminate the cost savings. Since the printers are considerably pricier than those offered by Epson, Canon, HP - the general conclusion is that they do not represent good value.

I don't know how the printers are selling. I do know that Kodak signed a deal with OfficeMax last week to sell the printers through their stores.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stever View Post
    Thank you for posting this.

One thing that would really help Rochester would be to remove all the abandoned buildings in the area.

Steve
    You do that and you might find some nasty stuff underneath them.

Talk to General Electric about what they found in the ground around the old GE Plastics facility in Pittsfield, MA as an example.

It turned out to be a nasty surprise that will cost the company well into the hundreds of millions to resolve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Demolishing one old building led to them finding a solid silver measuring spoon from the early 1900s. It was bricked up in an alcove of an old emulsion making room from that era.

It was preserved somewhere at the main office as a 'relic of a bygone era' or some such.

As for the new Kodak digital printers, I have seen a whole host of test pictures on it and they are very nice looking (considering it is digital of course) compared to other digital prints.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Demolishing one old building ..."

Kodak make revolution... might be they dig for gold or oil. I think it will be better business for them.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi,

We have not previously communicated. Since you mention a connection with Bldg 9, I'm wondering if you know any of the employees who used to work there. If you do, do you know anyone who would communicate with me via e-mail or other means. I'm interested in building history, employee memories, etc. If you are interested to know why, I'll fill you in
    next time.

Thanks.

J.R.
    Last edited by J.R. Smith; 02-07-2010 at 08:07 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: sloppy typist!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    That makes me sick to my stomach! They were all happy and the guy pressing the buttion were standing on a mat saying "Revolution"
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi,

We have not previously communicated. Since I noticed that you have a connection with Bldg 9, I was wondering if you are in contact with any of the building's former employees. I'm interested in learning more about Bldg 9's history as well as employee memories. I would be willing to communicate by e-mail or other means.

I you are interested, I will let you know why next time.

Thanks,

J.R.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin