Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,869   Posts: 1,629,334   Online: 806

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Svenska Kemi sells some chemicals which over here are prohibited to/from? private persons. However I did not ask for their English list, so I wonder whether they export those ones too.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Maybe I could help you. I run a small one-man part-time photochemistry business in Finland. I have on my list a selection of photo chemistry (including Pyrocat-HD) and raw chemicals as well. Unfortunately my website (http://www.hopeavedos.fi) is still only in Finnish but you can mail me and tell me what you want.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi all!
    Well, I found a friend who will help me with his personal business to make the orders.
    Still, I really appreciate all the hints and tips from you all. I guess that this thread might be useful to some others in the future too.

Cheers
    Björn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A little update on chemicals availability etc. to help the next guy.
    Omikron in Germany has a nice "search by theme" website, where photochemicals are one theme. I recon the prices are decent too. Most chemicals can be shipped from them but not all. E.g. Pyrocatechol and Phenidone are classified as "dangerous goods" according to the transporting regulations and these kind of items cannot be exported from Germany. (Look for a UN-number in the detailed specifications and you know that restrictions apply.) In that case I had to turn to vwr.se, where prices are higher, the website is incredibly difficult to navigate etc. but at least they ship what I want to buy. What really helped was to copy the CAS-number from the Omikon site and search for that same number on the VWR site.

Again, thank you all for the tips and hints. Links to both Omikron and VWR can be found in the beginning of this thread. Now, if I could find somewhere to buy glycol at a decent price...

//Björn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Eh, I can bitch a bit more about VWR. They don't accept orders below €100 (1000 SEK) and they need to find your company listed in the phone book.
    Just a few years ago you could buy these chemicals over the counter at least in the larger cities in Sweden... I could go on about "things were better...", but I have to refer to other threads instead: Search for either SuperXX, APX25, Polywarmtone ... :-)

//Björn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin