Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,108   Posts: 1,612,839   Online: 1206

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

List of Mail Order Labs

I thought it would be a good idea (I'm sure this has been done here before) to list labs that accept orders through the mail. I think this will benifit many of us film lovers who have had the unfortunate problem of having our local labs closed or taken over by teenagers who only know how to process digital files (no offense to teenagers, I'm equally frustrated with lab people of all ages who mess up my rolls of film all the time). Hopefully we can come up with an updated list of labs that are still in business and that produce quality work.

Also, if you would like to add any comments indicating your experiences with your lab, that would be great. It would also be great to know if these labs actually print from negative to paper or if they just print from a scanned negative.

Make sure to specify if the lab is in the U.S., Canada, UK, or elsewhere.
    Last edited by snegron; 07-16-2007 at 06:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use Calypso Imaging, Santa Cruz, CA for my E6 developing. http://www.calypsoinc.com/
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm RF
    http://www.gammasf.com/index.html

Gamma Black and White Photo Lab in San Francisco is the real thing. Not cheap. No color, just B&W, beautifully done with good judgment, to your instructions, to your satisfaction. Talk to Peter.
    Last edited by bruce terry; 07-16-2007 at 09:14 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: a 'c' for heap.

JJC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've used Praus Productions http://www.4photolab.com/ for traditional color prints and have gotten great results. They are in Rochester, NY. I found out about them back when they were an APUG sponsor, but they no longer appear to be one.
    Last edited by JJC; 07-16-2007 at 08:49 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added location.
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." - Jim Horning

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    I've used Praus Productions http://www.4photolab.com/ for traditional color prints and have gotten great results. They are in Rochester, NY. I found out about them back when they were an APUG sponsor, but they no longer appear to be one.
    I used them once for some B&W work... I was wondering whether they were still a going concern or not. Too bad they are no longer sponsors.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Camera World in Charlotte, NC does a really good job of processing the b&w rolls. We use them when we are rushed. I believe they are at: www.cameraworldnc.com

I assume you can mail them your film. They are just down the street from us.
    [SIZE=7][SIZE=3]APUGers do it in the DARK[/SIZE][SIZE=3]![/SIZE][/SIZE] :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've moved this to product availability and it may be a good idea to make it sticky if the list becomes comprehensive.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Chrome lab in Washington DC. - http://www.chromeimaging.com/

They're a first-rate pro lab that will do just about anything you could want- C-41 and E-6 up to 8x10, b/w up to 8x10, printing both wet and inkjet for any size film they can process in color or b/w.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Burne Photo Imaging Inc.
    Madison, Wisconsin

Address:

4289 West Beltline Hwy.
    Madison, WI 53711-3859

608-277-0802
    1-888-811-0802

http://www.burne.com/

I was royal customer of that store when I was in Madison. After I moved out, I still use their service, they are really fast and reliable. They still do E6 slides (including 135, 120/220, 4*5 etc). Complete list can be found on their website.

JJC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    I used them once for some B&W work... I was wondering whether they were still a going concern or not. Too bad they are no longer sponsors.
    Some time has passed since I last used them, and I've accrued a bunch of negatives I'd like printed, so I gave them a call. It sounds like business as usual and I will probably send them a package this week or next.
    Yeah, it would be nice if they still sponsored APUG...
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." - Jim Horning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin