Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,254   Online: 862

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    I fully agree with 3Dfan. The reason I got back into the darkroom because the digital printer can't print the small size print with the kind of resolution an optical printer can. Larger than 8x10 the digital system actually got better than optical. The limitation is not the neg or the scanner but the printer resolution at around 300dpi.
    Keep in mind, the human eye can't resolve more than 300dpi (for most people).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know that sizes greater than 8x10 are printed on a inkjet printer at Wal-Mart. They print all their larger sizes centrally and ship them to the local store or to the customer directly.

My colour transparencies get developed at a pro-lab. I scan the rolls in to make a contact sheet in Photoshop and send them off to Wal-Mart at 11x14. Within a week the local store on the way home from work gets it and they have always been inkjets.

Now do they have a OCE Lightjet or something similar? I don'tknow, but the 11x14 prints I've gotten back appear to be inkjets. But at $4.70 per contact sheet, I don't really care.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Keep in mind, the human eye can't resolve more than 300dpi (for most people).
    True, but I frequently look at my pictures with magnifying lenses.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Dfan View Post
    True, but I frequently look at my pictures with magnifying lenses.
    And I print my images upwards to 40x50, and I can't tell with my nose against the glass.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin