Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,826   Online: 1023

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The grain on UC 100 in 120 was like Reala. The new Fuji 160's in 120 also have very fine grain.
    I'm glad to hear they fixed VC.

I 'm not so happy about the loss of 100T and NPL. Filtered VC/NC or 160S/C is not the same rated at 20-25 as 100T at ~64-80 and no need for a filter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My UC 400 lives in the freezer. I go offroading in Moab Utah once a year and that is when I use the UCs. Usually on the way back from Moab, I leave at 4 AM to catch sunrise in Monument Valley. Next trip is Labor Day weekend.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How is the 400 speed VC?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well it sounds like i'll have to give the VC another shot - the last time I tried it was years ago, and it sounds like it's much better now. Onwards!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Even in 35m the grain is _minimal_ with the 400VC. Thats why I said in 120 its ridiculous, and the 160VC in 120 almost looks fake. Scans great. Don't tell the digital guys its film, just tell them its a pre-release sample print from 'the new body' and you have a NDA and can't tell them..Hee Hee.

JJC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Now I'm worried that I'm behind...! I liked the old VC better than UC and thought the update was just to make finer grain. What else did they fix? Does it look more like UC now? I'm going to run out of my supply of old VC soon...
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." - Jim Horning

Shooter
    35mm RF
    No, the VC doesn't look totally exactly like UC, but compared to the old version it is 'cleaner' in grain and contrast in the middle tones sections. The reds and Magentas are not as strong but the blues seem the same, and in lower contrast light it seems to have more contrast. I never really got into the 400VC in 35mm, but found it useful in 120, but with the improvements its fully replaced the UC in 35mm (both 100 and 400) and in 120 as well. I shoot 35-40 rolls a month of it.

JJC

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the description. I'll be ordering some soon.
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." - Jim Horning

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I thought You guys were talking about Portra UC, but am I right in assuming you are talking about what is called Elite Chrome here in the UK?

If it is that is a shame, I did use a roll once they day I went to Live8!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do believe Kodak Ultra Color was called Portra UC and then the name was just changed to UC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin