Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,919   Online: 994

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgallb View Post
    But is Harry Digital or Analog
    Well, Colin Creevey went around carrying an ordinary analog camera, and when he developed his photos in a special potion, the people in the photos moved. I'd be interested in such a developer! (No word in the books on what sort of enlarger he used, though.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let's hear it for indie booksellers!
    I only mentioned Narnes and Bobble and the other place because our local indie doesn't do magazines.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Lo and behold!

After 6 months searching, I found that the Barnes & Noble had 3 copies of the magazine on their shelves.

So, the answer is either they get too few, or they didn't get it for a while. And that includes several stores.

I now have the latest.

Thanks for your answers.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The magazine continues to be carried at both the larger Barnes and Noble bookstores (e.g. the one located at the Harvard Co-operative Society) and Borders bookstores in the Boston area.

Never more than 3 copies each month.

It's regularly in stock at World Wide News on St.Paul Street. Along with a wide selection of other photo magazines (there are more of them than you might think).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you can't find it (Photo Techniques) at your local Barnes & Noble, ask to speak to the "newstand lead." Tell them that it is available from Ingram Periodicals. Most leads have to ask the store manager, but if there is interest they are usually happy to do it. I know, since I work at "Narnes & Bobble" (or, as we sometimes say, "Welcome to Barnes and Noble, we used to sell books"). Still...if you can get it at an independent store...do so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought it was Barney and Ignoble.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have pretty good luck with this particular mag at Borders. If you haven't already, you might also want to look at www.phototechmag.com, I think most of the good stuff is there.

Good luck

Shooter
    35mm
    Turns out that subscribing to a magazine is a far greater benefit to the publisher, and natural resources, than purchasing from a retailer. I like to see certain magazines on the shelf as well, but now that I realize what a wasteful and reprehensible system the retail magazine industry is, I can no longer support it. Subscription only for me from now on, unless I am checking out a magazine I am interested in subscribing to. YMMV.

For an overview of the process, see Brooks post about halfway down the page:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum56/4...rk-ouch-3.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semeuse View Post
    If you can't find it (Photo Techniques) at your local Barnes & Noble, ask to speak to the "newstand lead." Tell them that it is available from Ingram Periodicals. Most leads have to ask the store manager, but if there is interest they are usually happy to do it. I know, since I work at "Narnes & Bobble" (or, as we sometimes say, "Welcome to Barnes and Noble, we used to sell books"). Still...if you can get it at an independent store...do so.
    Thanks for pointing that out. Do you know if Borders does the same? I refuse to shop in Barnes & Noble unless I absolutely have to (I'm fed up with the constant hard sell for their membership you get there).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin