Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,204   Online: 988

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    After 6 months searching, I found that the Barnes & Noble had 3 copies of the magazine on their shelves.

So, the answer is either they get too few, or they didn't get it for a while. And that includes several stores.

I now have the latest.

Thanks for your answers.

PE
    Sure hope you found the effort worthwhile Ron. Even though Howard Bond is a friend I really do feel the magazine is struggling for content. There is an interesting article on mirror slap this month though
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It was barely worth the effort due to all of the digital content but thanks for the thought.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having subscribed to this publication since the eighties, I am finally not renewing.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the 80s it was Darkroom and Photo Techniques. Did you get it in OZ?

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    Having subscribed to this publication since the eighties, I am finally not renewing......
    It was much better in the 80's and 90's. I have subscribed since the early 90's, but sadly will not be renewing. Too much digital, and very little for the film shooter.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PE I first heard about it in the eighties when a colleague returned from an American work trip to Rochester, he had a copy.

I wrote to Preston publications and sent a bank draft as I didn't have a credit card. I received my first copy about two weeks later, I was flabbergasted with their speed of reply.

Yes it was available in Australia, but as far as I know only by subscription in the mid eighties. By the nineties, it was in selected big city newsagents, still is I believe.

Mick.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin