Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,666   Posts: 1,481,710   Online: 746

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    As 160VC, 160NC, 400VC, and 400NC were just upgraded (remember that free sample promotion last fall?), I really, really doubt that it's gone. (Then again, Who Knows These Days?)

I frequently hear "discontinued" from retailers who simply decided to stop carrying something, though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
    As 160VC, 160NC, 400VC, and 400NC were just upgraded (remember that free sample promotion last fall?), I really, really doubt that it's gone. (Then again, Who Knows These Days?)

I frequently hear "discontinued" from retailers who simply decided to stop carrying something, though.
    Exactly my thinking. I just don't want to be a party to deliberate misinformation. If we're just not carrying it anymore, that's one thing, but telling customers it's been discontinued when it hasn't is wrong.
    --
    Tom Gehring
    Richmond, Virginia
    My Flickr gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sincerely, thank you. Seems like nobody bothers anymore!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
    Sincerely, thank you. Seems like nobody bothers anymore!
    We do try. I mentioned it to my manager today at work, and she, like me, wanted to verify it, so she had our ordering guy double-check. He said it's definitely on Kodak's end.

I still want to see something from Kodak, though, before I start telling people it's been discontinued. For now, we're having "supply problems." :-\
    --
    Tom Gehring
    Richmond, Virginia
    My Flickr gallery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak deny this rumour. Even without a word from Kodak, it is very unlikely to have been true.

Listen folks, Kodak's customer support is second-to-none. In the USA you call a free number (800-242-2424 ext 19) and speak to a real live knowledgable person without having to wait in a queue. You don't need to get answers from the internet.

However.
    How about we approach Kodak with a suggestion that an APUG member acts as a liaison person so that queries like this can be answered with some degree of authority? I would be happy to volunteer.

Best,
    Helen
    Last edited by Helen B; 08-09-2007 at 12:17 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think it would help things. Go for it and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    This is probably a little late for this thread, but out of curiousity, I called the 800 number and asked about the various Portras, in all formats.

- all are available: 160 NC and VC, 400 NC and VC

4x5
    - all except 400 VC

5x7
    - sigh

8x10
    - all except 400 VC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Helen
    Yes, well volunteered: Let us know how things go with your attempts! - having someone prepared to speak of Kodak's view (if not strictly for the company) would be unique.
    Consider this: Most lenses are better than most photographers...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Wallace View Post
    This is probably a little late for this thread, but out of curiousity, I called the 800 number and asked about the various Portras, in all formats.

- all are available: 160 NC and VC, 400 NC and VC

4x5
    - all except 400 VC

5x7
    - sigh

8x10
    - all except 400 VC
    The above, while useful, does not entirely answer the question.

The reps at the 800 number can only confirm whether or not a particular film in any particular format is available for retail order.

They cannot tell you whether or not new stock of that film and format is still being produced. In other words, they will not tell if a film has been discontinued while film stock remains available for retail order.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin