Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,247   Posts: 1,660,196   Online: 880

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Metz dry fit-60Ct-?

There used to be a guy on ebay that sold these, made by the original battery maker labeled for Metz. Seems to have disappeared.
    Any info if they're still available?

I know B&H carries the Metz labeled ones, but these were almost half that price.

TIA,
    Matt
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The original name of the German manufacturer of Dryfit batteries is "Sonnenschein". Now it is a brand/plant within the Exide group still producing Dryfit batteries.
    Last edited by AgX; 08-07-2007 at 08:14 PM. Click to view previous post history.

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The type you are looking for is the "Sonnenschein" A506/4.2 K - 6V, 4.2Ah.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Options - some flash pack mods required

When I went looking for a dryfit, it was to rehab a 60CT-1 that I bought at a garage sale for $20. Only the photo stores sell the Sonn.. batteries with the litle flat round terminals - $70 or so in my local suppliers.

But the electronics stores, which sell sealed lead acid batteries, so that people can keep their UPS's ticking, also sell products by Sonn... with push on tab terminals. I bought one of the correct size for $35, bent the termianls backwards so that they are now in the same spots as the photo type battery.

I chiseled the plastic spacer out of the bottom of the battery pack to take the slightly taller (due to bent back terminals not contact pads) substitute battery, and glued the plastic orientation lug wrenched from the old pooped out battery ont the new one. If I get back to using an OEM type battery in the future I can tape a piece of foam core in where the removed spacers are, and the OEM battery will have the correct height to mate with the battery spring contacts.

I took the pooped battery, and sawed it apart to reuse its case. When I am shooting in my studio, the Metz is actually my soft box main light. I install the old battery case into the flash in lieu of the newer battery in this configuration. It is hooked to a surplus PC power supply housed in an old cookie tin. The power supply feeds the flash unit 5V at up to 20A, so the flash recycles quickly, and at the same rate all day long.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin