Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,907   Posts: 1,584,614   Online: 879

Shooter
    35mm RF

FYI - Fuji Mailer Postage

Just a heads up. With the new postage rates in effect, the 2 first class stamps specified on Fuji mailers was not sufficient when I brought it into the PO. I believe this is because rates are now based on thickness as well as weight.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Dfan View Post
    Just a heads up. With the new postage rates in effect, the 2 first class stamps specified on Fuji mailers was not sufficient when I brought it into the PO. I believe this is because rates are now based on thickness as well as weight.
    Yes - this really cheesed (polite, eh?) me off. Instead of a 34p first class stamp it now costs £1.09 as it it classed as "small packet rate". One way to ease the pain is to shove two films in completed mailers into one envelope and being less than 100g they will still then go for £1.09. Still a rip-off but a bit less painful. Of course, accountants would seize on the cost of the outer (perhaps padded) envelope, but then what are office stationery cupboards for if not subsidising our photography?

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up. I will go to the post office instead drop them in the mailbox this time.

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeak View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I will go to the post office instead drop them in the mailbox this time.
    Hmm - I see that you're in the US, so the same probably doesn't apply. I took it that the OP was in the UK, but perhaps that's also not so.
    Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin