Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,904   Posts: 1,521,251   Online: 1099

Shooter
    35mm RF

Fujifilm Announces Price Increases for Color Negative Photo Film Products

from http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n070823.html

Aug. 23, 2007

FUJIFILM Corporation (President and CEO: Shigetaka Komori, hereinafter Fujifilm) announced today that from October 2007 onward, it will implement worldwide price increases for its color negative photo film products.

Fujifilm has undertaken intensive structural reforms globally to adjust to the harsh market conditions in the photo imaging business. However, despite these efforts to reduce fixed costs and improve productivity, it cannot continue to absorb the rapid rise in costs of silver, oil and other raw materials.

Prices are expected to increase globally by around 5 %. The rate of increase may differ by regional market.

Shypii90
    thanks 4 the update!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks also.

The problem with film prices is that there doesn't seem to be one so depending on what's on offer and from whom, I find I might be paying less than I did 6-12 months ago or even 3 yeara ago. I certainly know that in real terms I am paying much less than I did 25 years ago.

My subjective impression is that I am not paying anymore now for Fuji film than I did probably two years ago. Given that UK inflation over that time is about 5 % then in effect I will not be paying more with a 5% increase.

5% I can certainly live with.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    not too painful

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Dfan View Post
    (...)worldwide price increases for its color negative photo film products.

(...)rapid rise in costs of silver, oil and other raw materials.
    That's very specific... Although raw materials are also used for B&W and slide film, they only increase the price of colour negative film?

You won't hear me complaining .

(Hope I didn't give them an idea here... :rolleyes: )

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It appears that Fuji's price increase is a fairly modest one. I'm thankful for that.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is pretty consistent with their budget reports from last year, when they announced a 50% drop in film profits and laid off 5000 workers. I'd imagine that nearly all of that loss is in negative film as consumers move away from film cameras. Fortunately the company itself is very profitable and film is a small operation now -- and I'd take higher prices over decreased availability.
    Paul

Shooter
    35mm
    As I know bread was $1.2 here in Toronto 10 years ago, taday is $2.5. Some stuff went 10 more upward in that period. MY income went up around 3 times. So what is strange if anyone increase its product prices. Sorry but they employs in Fuji want salary increase too.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm happy to give Fuji 5% more if it helps keep products available.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can live with 5%.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin