Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,968   Online: 809

Shooter
    Multi Format

Who makes the new Freestyle B/W film

Freestyle new Artica II B/W is made in Germany, who makes this film? At $1.99 a roll may be a good shot around film. I have been using Formapan Action 400 which I like a lot, but any price brake in a storm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you mean Freestyle's Arista II it is actually Agfa APX100 or 400 :-) that's no lie!

The Arista EDU film is actually made by Foma which is what you are probably shooting right now when you buy fomapan 400.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe that the Freestyle film is:

Arista II : Agfa
    Arista .EDU: Forte
    Arista .EDU Ultra: Foma
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I believe that the Freestyle film is:

Arista II : Agfa
    Arista .EDU: Forte
    Arista .EDU Ultra: Foma
    Obviously stocks of the first two will be hard to replenish...
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Arista EDU ultra just went up in price if I'm not mistaken. I think it was 1.39 for the 100speed 120bw a month ago but I could be wrong about that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, that's true. The third option, Arista.EDU Ultra is pretty good for the price though. Something to consider anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    If you mean Freestyle's Arista II it is actually Agfa APX100 or 400 :-) that's no lie!

The Arista EDU film is actually made by Foma which is what you are probably shooting right now when you buy fomapan 400.

I will stock up with Arista II while I can, I used Agfa APX 400 and liked it in Edwal 12. At $1.99 a roll, looks like real value for the money. I would have quessed that all of the old Agfa stock would be gone by now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought 50 rolls of the Arista II, it's excellent value for money. And I too would have thought AGFA stocks would be well extinct by now, but apparently we underestimated exactly how much there was in so many places.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleath View Post
    I bought 50 rolls of the Arista II, it's excellent value for money. And I too would have thought AGFA stocks would be well extinct by now, but apparently we underestimated exactly how much there was in so many places.
    It certainly isn't extinct at Freestyle; I called them up and they say they have several thousand rolls of Arista II 400 left, as well as over one thousand 100' rolls. Methinks my freezer is hungry...it keeps begging to be filled with soon-to-be-gone film...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin