Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,783   Online: 884

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Medium Format
    .... and this is how their Split Grade (TM) system is working:

http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/documenta...3_Englisch.pdf

Erwin Puts wrote already for some years ago this article for that time a new system:
    http://www.imx.nl/photo/film_2/heila..._the_endu.html

Still unique

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's only 6x9?

Does Aristo sell into Europe? Or something similar.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    6x9cm yes, or 4x5" or bigger (8x10") or even bigger if you have enough money to spend

Aristo? No idea.
    Heiland is selling worldwide via his distributors.

http://www.heilandelectronic.de/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rlightfoot View Post
    Yeah, sorry.. I did read that post, but when I checked retrophotographic, they didn't have any. If I get desperate, I guess I'll email and ask if they can get a shipment in.

So do all modern enlargers use halogen bulbs? I've only ever used my dad's old one that's from the 60s.

If retrophotographic doesn't have them, ask fotoimpex, www.fotoimpex.de

About enlargers: For example, I use almost 30 years old Meopta Magnifax 4 (and Opemus 5) enlergers. Both enlargers for ordinary b/w head use incadescent bulbs (for example good old Philips Photocrescenta). But, when I replace b/w head on same enlargers with colour head, both colour heads use halogen bulbs. Then, some enlargers use cold cathode light sources (I never have seen any of them, not to mention not worked with them, so can't tell anything about them).

So, same enlarger can use different bulbs, depending of head type you use for that enlarger. That means, you need to see manuals for enlarger you use to know which bulb you need, or, if old bulb is already in enlarger, to buy same kind of bulb (same type or replacement type)
    Last edited by haris; 10-29-2007 at 02:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you have a Meopta then you can always get an Meochrom Colorhead, it saves you the trouble with the filterdrawer and it uses common halogen bulbs. The Meochrom II comes with a densityknob but they seem to be harder to get.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Goose View Post
    If you have a Meopta then you can always get an Meochrom Colorhead, it saves you the trouble with the filterdrawer and it uses common halogen bulbs. The Meochrom II comes with a densityknob but they seem to be harder to get.
    Well, after using for few years Meochrome head for Opemus5 and Color3 head for Magnifax4, I just ordered Ilford's filters and I am switching back to ordinary (condensors) b/w head. I never was happy with using colour heads. It's probably mine fault, but I think filters route will be more consistent and "easier". Will try and see
    Bosnia... You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps...
    No things in life should be left unfinis

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin