Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,507   Posts: 1,543,546   Online: 1077

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    In light of the tmx update a few years ago, it's encouraging to see that they're explicitly saying that the sheet film won't be UV opaque (the 35mm and 120 will).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Anything good coming out of Kodak is wonderful. I used to shoot all Kodak film exclusively...then they quit producing B&W paper, and that threw me for a ringer... Oh well. But that is in the past.
    If Tmax400 is now the best 400 speed film (and it was pretty good before) I'll be all for supporting Kodak's film division to fight back!
    Yeah baby...keep it coming! :-)
    Jed

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I imagine this is the new sensitization technology used in their Movie films stocks, and more recently in the Portra series of color neg films, now making its way into the b/w films. Since the claim, is as for the Portra films, finer grain.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlapp View Post
    .. and that would be great to read in B&W mag [UK]
    Roger. And/or a paid for module on the RogerandFrancesPhotography site. I too look forward to reading your review. I might even buy whichever mag it appeared in. Thanks

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Great News. I'm eager to burn through some 35mm rolls as soon as the new yellow boxes are available to us out here in Southern Cal. The Kodak website states that this new stock will be available at retail stores on a turnover basis starting in December. Likewise, there will also be a new TMY factsheet released on their website soon, F-4043, with all relevant processing info. Again these surprising 'developments' at Kodak are extremely welcome!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They should not be surprising. I've said here before that Kodak continues to do R&D on analog materials. The problem is that the bang for buck is going down due to analog being a rather mature field of research.

Therefore, the new stuff is coming out, but more slowly than before, and also at a reduced rate to match the decline in the market.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Great news! This may be the last excuse I need to start converting to Tmax 400.

And maybe there's still hope as PE says. Quoting from the Kodak press release:
    Although professional photographers acknowledge that digital cameras offer certain benefits, they said that film better captures certain images, particularly black-and-white photos.
    Last edited by Alex Hawley; 10-09-2007 at 09:07 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add more verbosity
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    They should not be surprising. I've said here before that Kodak continues to do R&D on analog materials. The problem is that the bang for buck is going down due to analog being a rather mature field of research.

Therefore, the new stuff is coming out, but more slowly than before, and also at a reduced rate to match the decline in the market.

PE
    Glass half full! Good news!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Although professional photographers acknowledge that digital cameras offer certain benefits, they said that film better captures certain images, particularly black-and-white photos.
    Well, yes, but the particular weakness of T-Max films is the spectral sensitivity that resembles B&W video or digital B&W.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great! TMAX is my favorite B&W film right now

A sales guy at Calumet in Cambridge, MA told me that TMAX 400 is the only true 400 speed ... wonder what that meant?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin