Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,233   Posts: 1,532,906   Online: 1001

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jp80874 View Post
    Will we be seeing something nice in a size 7x17 yellow?

John Powers
    Yes. With some great contacts and assistance, we found a new sponsor for the ULF sheet film deal (post J&C) and contracts between this entity and Kodak are being prepared as we speak. We postponed making the formal announcement about the structure of the deal after being informed of the improvement to TMY. Considering the serious commitment necessary to bring this deal forward we took a break from the festivities to make sure that the new film is the real deal. I am happy to say that it is and we are moving forward. More to come shortly.

Cheers!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Great News!!! I'm very happy because Tmax 400 is one of my favourite film!
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Roger. And/or a paid for module on the RogerandFrancesPhotography site. I too look forward to reading your review. I might even buy whichever mag it appeared in. Thanks

pentaxuser
    Shutterbig has already agreed a review; Frances is waiting to hear from David Corfield; and we'll certainly give it some thought for the site.

Cheers,

Roger
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Well, yes, but the particular weakness of T-Max films is the spectral sensitivity that resembles B&W video or digital B&W.
    I've always noticed the same thing (which is why I never use them), but then I look at John Sexton's print and they are anything but...

Although, given that it's 2007 and this is an updated B&W film, I'm tempted to try it.
    Last edited by Michel Hardy-Vallée; 10-10-2007 at 09:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Will there be a way to tell from the box if you are using new or old Tmax400. I'm looking forward to trying this, as I normally use 400 speed film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffHill View Post
    Will there be a way to tell from the box if you are using new or old Tmax400. I'm looking forward to trying this, as I normally use 400 speed film
    Following the earlier posts to Kodak links would get you to a link to this .pdf, which shows new packaging details.

http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/....17.14.6&lc=en

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I presume bulk rolls will be available, unless there is something I missed in the press release.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    I've always noticed the same thing (which is why I never use them), but then I look at John Sexton's print and they are anything but...

Although, given that it's 2007 and this is an updated B&W film, I'm tempted to try it.
    I'll definitely try it.

I can see why T-Max films work for John Sexton. I think he likes to start with something fairly neutral, photographed in relatively undramatic light, and he creates the drama through detailed local manipulation in the darkroom. That linear spectrum, B&W video look, contributes to that initial neutrality that then can be transformed into something else.

I think he's been shooting more Tri-X lately, though, or maybe he's just endorsing Tri-X. Maybe I'll drop in on PhotoPlus and see if I can ask him.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is really interesting news, I can't wait to try some the new and improved Tmax 400 arrives on the shelves in Southern Ontario.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    While I'm an Ilford man, this is still great news!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin