Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,103   Online: 1034

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Hmmm ... I think you're missing my point. Oh well. It doesn't matter.
    Email isn't reliable, seems to be the point you were making. Even the best spam filters still have false positives.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Internet Explorer on a Windows machine with Comcast high speed internet, and I haven't been able to search their website either for at least a month. I thought it was my anti-virus program. I emailed KEH (no response) and called them (no clue). I'm not sure what an MTU is, or if it's applicable to Windows, but it's been a pain because I love KEH.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can get to their home page, but it will not let me search or browse; the "loading" emblem just spins and spins... Can't figure what I'm doing wrong.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm on 10.4.10 running Safari 2.0.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.7 and no probs with Keh at all. Searches are fine but I usually just go to the "camera store" pull down and browse from there.

Maybe cookies or pop up settings ? Of course, being able to search and browse is not exactly healthy for the pocketbook so maybe it's a good thing you can't see all the stuff they've got

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSeb View Post
    I can get to their home page, but it will not let me search or browse; the "loading" emblem just spins and spins... Can't figure what I'm doing wrong.
    Thats basically what I had.

Are you using a router? Or direct connection?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's working ok for me, just tested it. Unfortunately, the possiblities are almost as numerous as favorite film/developer combinations. One thing that has tripped me up in the past is my ISP changing the address of their DNS server. Often, this is supplied automatically, but not always.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Mike,

Same experience here...I contacted KEH some time ago (via e-mail) regarding a Fuji GA645Zi they had listed on their website. No response. Well, they lost a sale. I found a better condition camera for slightly less money on Adorama's website. Guess who got the sale?
    Regards,
    Alan Huntley
    www.silverscapephoto.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    KEH is a great store, but they do things in a very idiosyncratic manner; they do not answer emails and do not provide detailed (via web or phone)descriptions of their stock. Fortunately, KEH has proven (so far) to be a very reliable dealer. While their descriptions are terse, their ratings are very conservative and very reliable. I recently purchased a few bargan grade LF lenses from them for very reasonable prices. In each case, the BGN rating was far better than the "9" or "Excellent" lenses I have bought from others.
    Last edited by JG Motamedi; 10-11-2007 at 10:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Their shipping to Canada has greatly improved lately. Place your order and they will contact you with a couple of quotes, depending on what shipping method you choose. You can decline to order anything at that time, or make your choice. In my experience, once you've got that far, communication via email goes much more smoothly.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    MTU stands for maximum Transmission Unit. It refers to largest size in bytes of a data packet transmitted over a network. It is indeed applicable to all networked computers. To adjust your MTU on Windows you need to edit your registry. On Windows XP, you need to edit:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\<<interface_name>>

where <<interface_name>> is the GUID of your interface.
    The first step is to find your interface. To do this, first, start a command prompt (choose Run on your start menu. When the dialog comes up, enter cmd.exe ). Once the command prompt comes up, type ipconfig and hit enter. In the resulting display, make note of the IP Address.

Now, at that same command prompt, enter regedit.exe. This will bring up the registry editor. Notice that navigating the registry is like navigating your file system.

Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces

You will probably see more than one folder unnder Interfaces. Start looking in those folders until you find one with an IPAddress entry that matches your IP Address.
    In this folder, you should see an MTU entry. double click on that entry. That will bring up a dialog to edit the entry. Click on the "Decimal" radio button, then change the Value Data to a smaller value. Click O.K. and close the registry editor.

I'm not sure if the changes take place immediately - you may need to restart your machine.

One more thing: BE VERY CAREFUL EDITING THE REGISTRY - editing the wrong value can render your system inoperable. Before you edit, check and recheck that you're editing the right location.

Also, these instructions apply to Windows XP - Windows 2000 and earlier have these values in a different place.

I hope this is helpful.

Dan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin