Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,888   Online: 1011

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: Kodak Exits

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ian;

I got samples of the new color paper from Sakura right after we introduced Ektaprint 3. Their VP and Director of Research handed two boxes of it to me personally. They were lagging in the film though even though they were right on the spot with the paper. It was easier to harden for the 85 degree EP3 than the 100 deg C41. That stumped everyone but Fuji for a while. The original Fuji Tri chloro triazine harder required two step application though IIRC. It also released a small quantity of chloride ion into the coating.

But yes, you are right.

BTW, E1 and E2 were very very similar but were not compatible AFAIK. E3 and E4 were compatible, but with the following proviso: E3 was basically a 75 degree process with a chrome alum hardener while E4 was an 85 degree version of the same thing which included a succinaldehyde prehardener and a neutralizer bath, and it also used a chemical reversing agent (t-bab or t-butyl amine borane). There were minor tweaks in times if you wanted to get the right results, but I no longer have those.

E5 was the aerial Ektachrome product never released to the public.

E6 OTOH, was a 100 deg process which used stannous chloride for reversal and used no benzyl alcohol in the color developer. It also used a bleach then fix process. For the E6 single use chemistry, they did have a single use blix IIRC, and at least one box I have has that on the instruction sheet.

One of the things that amazes me is that the early E6 includes processing instructions for 75 deg F - 100 deg F procssing. IDK if this would still work, but I do have that original instruction sheet from around 1988 or so.

PE

dmr
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    "From the people who brought you Pearl Harbor",
    Tres tacky!

I don't remember that ad, fortunately ...

However ...

It was replaced by the ad showing two eyes with the statement "These eyes can see color no one else can see and they designed the new Fujichrome films"
    I remember this ad distinctly. It showed two pearls (I had no clue of any connection to Pearl Harbor) and said that the eyes in question were discerning enough to determine that one was slightly lighter or darker than the other.

That was really the first thing I remember of Fujicolor/chrome films.

It wasn't for several years that I started shooting Fuji regularly.

Now if I may speak freely ... I don't know the exact context of that ad, but it disturbs me that it went to press at all, and that any ad agency, of any country, would make such a reference in an attempt to promote a product!

Somebody please tell me that's not what they intended!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It raised a huge outcry in the US and appeared on many bulleten boards at Kodak. There was a lot of outrage and it was removed within a few days.

No, it was not what they intended.

PE

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin