Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,379   Online: 804

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the return of Kentmere's Art range of FB papers?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please!

69 75.00%
  • No thanks.

5 5.43%
  • No opinion.

18 19.57%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Would you like to see the return of the Kentmere Art range?

What with the recent acquisition of Kentmere by Ilford/ Harman and whilst there have been a few comments hoping for the return of discontinued items.

I thought I would start this thread for everyone to show their support for any possible future re-release of Kentmere Art Classic, Art Deluxe and Art Document.

Would you like to see the return of Kentmere's former Art range of FB papers?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Art Classic was my favorite paper for lith printing. I bought all I could afford when I found out it was discontinued. I just opened my last box a few weeks ago.

I realize if the Art line of papers is resurrected it wouldn't be exactly the same, but something similar would great.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Chuck full of cadmium! (or at least lithable like the old stuff was [sniff])

Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As I understand the matter this paper was discontinued because the paper base was no longer available. Kentmere have, I believe, tried other bases without success. I therefore suspect that the chances of it, or a similar product being produced are minimal given the above and the commercial demand for this product. I shall husband my remaining stock for the bromoil work for which I brought it.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller View Post
    As I understand the matter this paper was discontinued because the paper base was no longer available.
    That's right. Glory Mills was bought out by Felix Schoeller and Schoeller's range is not what it was.

Cadmium is (entirely understandably) illegal in paper and film, and was dropped long ago. That's what killed Super-XX, incidentally. The risk in use is trivial. The risk in manufacturing is another matter.

Cheers,

Roger
    Free Photography Information on My Website
    http://www.rogerandfrances.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I loved the surface of Charcoal R, but it wasn't an easy paper to work with. I felt that if I wanted to use it, I had to target negs specifically to that paper, otherwise it was easy for the contrast to get too high.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not familiar with any of these papers, but this thread reminded me of the rich variety of paper samples that were once sitting on the counter in a camera shop near where I lived. They were all Kodak papers, and the paper base colors, and surfaces were wonderful. This isn't a recollection from decades age, but rather one from the '90's. Sad, and unfortunate. If I'd only had the gift of foresight and the bucks to buy up and hoard scores of boxes of the stuff I admired. Oh well........I'm sure there'll be a PS emulation plug in coming in the near future....ho hum!
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I doubt that the Ilford/Kentmere combination with result in more choices. I just hope they continue Kentmere Fineprint VC fiber based paper. It is the best cold toned paper I have tried. Very consistent, responsive to toner, fairly priced, and dries flat.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Thanks for starting this thread:

Firstly I repeat what has been said in our press release : 'we will continue to manufacture all monochrome paper products currently in the range'.

It is obviously too early for us to say anything about products that have been delisted ( for whatever reason ) by KENTMERE.

What I can do and will do is promise that I will communicate with Apuggers
    regarding the above products as soon as I have anything meaningful to say.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's good to see if Kentmere/Ilford can't bring back the old papers, it will continue to make the current line-up.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin