Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,529   Online: 1042

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The joys of film - as expressed by Kodak !

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in , I haven;t seen it posted but it may have been. Either way apologies if I got it wrong -see what 26 years of marriage does to your guilt chip ? Anyway this article explains how a photographer is getting the high value clients by using film !

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...14.12.28&lc=en

cheers CJB
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    WTG! say it loud, we're analogue and we're proud!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the link. Very interesting article and absolutely stunning photographs accompanying it. In the article Mr. Kuang says film requires him to slow down, think, anticipate, etc. This statement hits home with me, because they are the same reasons I returned to film from d*g@tal.
    Jon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Analog photographers...we're so far behind we're ahead
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The reasons of slowing down and thinking about what I'm doing, forcefully so, was the reason I decided against digital when I first started out with photography. I agree with the sentiments of the photographer that the immediacy and practicality of photography turned it from art to commodity, that is exactly how I feel about it.
    Thank you for posting the link, it hits very close to home for me, and I hope that more photographers out there re-think their situation and come out in favor of film. As we all know, film simply yields better results, right?

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad you enjoyed the link , it certainly made my day. Interestingly enough I just sat through my friends 'photo portfolio' of their wedding on the laptop, and I know the semi pro photographer who took them. About 50 me too images bought to you by the CMOS chip. Now if you had a roll of 12 shots on 120 film you jut might take a little more thought about what you produce - not to say that a really good professional wouldnt do that with a digi box just that it takes more dedication to take it steady with unlimited image capture .

Cheers CJB
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a lot of respect for wedding photographers; they really only have one chance to get it right. It always ticks me off when people on boards like dpreview and such look down on them.

I wholly agree with the bit about B&W film having that certain "feeling" to it.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree with it too, it's mainly why I'm involved in photography. But the photographer in the article mostly shoots a C41 film, which makes the whole spin slightly off the mark, for me.
    What would Dziga Vertov do?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin