Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,070   Online: 1115

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Do you really think it 's a bad news? Kodak has been saying for a long time that they want to exit film market. SO, that is what they do. But when they will be out, kodak will certainly be very ill, maybe dead. It's a choice of this company. Bad choice, but their. Fuji made other (good) choices and that's is good news!
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All these films are old and very niche films. EPN was a great copy film, but digital is on par. EPN, EPR are 1970's formulas (PE will correct me) with big grain for their speed and have a very small following. HIE was/is a one of a kind, but commercial use seems to have gone away and consumer use was probably never enough to sustain it. This is not the sky is falling or Kodak is evil. This is (probably) a long over due business decision. I liked EPN because is crossprocessed so well and if you wanted a dead neutral trany it was the only choice. Other than freaks like me (and other APUGers) or the rare lab shooting 4x5 or 8x10 copy. who is going to spend 7.00 on a roll of film that is 2 stops slower and has larger grain than provia?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I assume time is coming for someone to show up with a doable recipe for spectrally re-sensitizing off-the-shelf films. To the IR then.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a shame. I liked the HIE in 135-format. However, this was expected, as jd pointed out: niche films...
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always found HIE too grainy to use in 35mm anyway.

David.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Do not worry: Rollei are coating a very good IR film, and Ilford produces SFX, near IR film. So I won't miss kodak.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The HIE was exceptional in its kind of sensitation.

See my post above from that perspective.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another one bites the dust then...
    I don't use either of the colour films, but I did like HIE.
    It's odd, as when they discontinued EIR a couple of months back, they said that HIE was sticking around.
    I think Kodak are reaching the "critical mass" where they (or their continuous coaters) are too big for the market.
    It would be nice if they could set up a line similar to Ilford's, which can chop and change very rapidly between products - I guess the cost can't be justified though.
    If they carry on like this, I think Mr. Perez's statements will be coming true soomer than expected.
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    . I guess I'm going to need to buy a stockpile of HIE for the freezer to sit next to the EIR that's already in there (and which I'm too afraid to ever shoot because I know I'll never get the chance again...)
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I won't really miss HIE either but the lack of a anti halo backing did give it a special look that the other IR films don't have. Except for that one from Maco, I think it was called Aura or something, and was available in 5x4.... that was a good film.
    Is it still made?
    Tony

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin