Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,605   Online: 1074

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Of course the sites are several years old; I stated that two years ago Kodak announced plans to start to discontinune black and white products. I never said that it was just announced today. I was making a comment regarding the lack of and the discontinuation of Kodak black and white products. Kodak announcement from 2 years ago is now becoming a reality; go to your local photo store and check out how many products are available. Dektol, no longer made; Polymax, no longer made. 220 film, one offering;TMX, all others no longer made. Slowly and over the course of years Kodak has been shrinking it's inventory. And this will continue, over 200,000 Kodak employees have been laid-off, factories closed. Kodak's mission is to make money, and Black and White film doe's not make money. This is not Kodak bashing-I like their products, and as a business owner I understand that decisions are made with regard to profit, not emotion. If you like Kodak products, then maybe you should think of stocking-up, as I have done.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory bertolini View Post
    go to your local photo store and check out how many products are available. Dektol, no longer made; Polymax, no longer made. 220 film, one offering;TMX, all others no longer made.
    At my local photostore, in stock:

Plus X
    Tmax
    TriX 320
    TriX 400
    D-76
    Dektol
    HC110
    Polymax T
    Tmax developer
    Xtol
    Tmax direct positive developer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm, I find no mention of Dektol being discontinued on Kodak's Pro pages. Even so, the formula for D-72 is easy and the components are readily available.

Polymax PAPER is discontinued. But I can't find a reference that says the DEVELOPER has been discontinued. I do remember hearing (but haven't confirmed) that some toner formulations were on the chopping block.

TMX is definately NOT the only B&W film available from Kodak. TMY, TMZ are still available. Tri-X is available. Plus-X I'm not so sure about. Super-XX, Verichrome are definately gone.

The 220 length rolls are hard to find and I don't have a camera that accepts them anymore anyway. 120 size is easy to get. As is 35mm (24, 36 and 100') and various sheet sizes.

Feel free to keep stocking up on the products though.
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got some Polymax developer and Xtol developer. No problem here but I'm cheating being in Rochester. Actually, the distribution center for these used to be right here in the city and now it is in Atlanta Ga. for the east.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gregory bertolini View Post
    Of course the sites are several years old; I stated that two years ago Kodak announced plans to start to discontinune black and white products. I never said that it was just announced today. I was making a comment regarding the lack of and the discontinuation of Kodak black and white products. Kodak announcement from 2 years ago is now becoming a reality; go to your local photo store and check out how many products are available. Dektol, no longer made; Polymax, no longer made. 220 film, one offering;TMX, all others no longer made. Slowly and over the course of years Kodak has been shrinking it's inventory. And this will continue, over 200,000 Kodak employees have been laid-off, factories closed. Kodak's mission is to make money, and Black and White film doe's not make money. This is not Kodak bashing-I like their products, and as a business owner I understand that decisions are made with regard to profit, not emotion. If you like Kodak products, then maybe you should think of stocking-up, as I have done.
    Actually, what you did was to throw the proverbial dirty sock into the punch bowl.

You haven't even had the courtesy to introduce yourself to this site; but you saw it incumbent on yourself to start spreading rancor based on out-dated information that is common knowledge here.

This site has been around a long time and there are many folk here with far more depth of knowledge as to this topic than you. You've told us nothing we did not already know and we likely "know" a hell of a lot more about what's going on at Kodak than you do!

Frankly, you came on here like a "troll".

I think you firstly owe the folks here an apology for coming onto this site in this fashion. Then you should go onto the "Introduce yourself to APUG..." forum and start over again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well said George. In my position, I would hesitate to say the same thing, but I think now that you have said it, I can agree.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've heard today from another facility that this situation only applies in Australia. Kodak Australia are no longer stocking these items. I was also told they no longer stock Tmax 3200.
    If I want any of this stuff I can order from Freestyle, but it does have some effect on facilities that have accounts with Kodak & want to order direct.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    goldie, this is a common problem outside the main US/UK/EU markets.

I have a very similar problem in Turkey with certain Ilford products, if the importers won't carry them then there's no option other than buy from elsewhere in another country.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've heard today from another facility that this situation only applies in Australia
    Maybe time to start up your own import from Europe to Australia.

Shooter
    35mm
    In Japan, Kodak seems alright for now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin