Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,614   Posts: 1,647,660   Online: 921

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Shows

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    Just do a google search for Camera Shows and many will show up. The shows are getting fewer and significantly smaller, but they do still exist in most areas of the country.
    It was my failure to find any Pittsburgh area camera shows on google that prompted me to start this thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not Pittsburgh of course but in the midwest www.camerashow.biz handles St. Louis, Omaha, KC and other locations.

Between Craig's List and E-bay, it took about 5 years to finally kill the photo swap meets in the Portland area.

Meets became a few dozen sellers with a lot of old junk that showed up with mostly the same junk year after year. It was still fun to go poke around, but neither the organizations fronting the meets nor the sellers could make a buck. Sad. We had about 25 years of continuous annual meets, even had two competing meets at one point.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I know there are ones in Watertown, MA a couple of times a year, but I don't know of others. If Whitey checks in, he knows the site and timing for the ones in MA and might know how to find out if there are others. I got a 6x9 Zeiss folder for about $30, IIRC.
    Unfortunately, Whitey knows only what bdial knows at this point. The PHSNE website says that their spring show this year will be May 3 & 4 (in Wakefield these days, not Watertown.) Barry is also correct in his estimate of costs there. High interest items go for a touch more than the same on a good website, but there are deals to be had and folks to ask questions of. More than anything else, it's fun.

There is a monthly show, I believe, in NJ, but I'm not sure of the details. Sorry.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Fall 2007 PHSNE show was quite dissapointing. Shrinking, shrinking, shrinking.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

jersey show

Whitey- I get a flyer from the show in jersey but as usual I'm nowhere near my house right now. I will post the details when I return on Dec 8 it is still a pretty good show. there is a great filter guy and some other regulars who know their stuff. I found an 8x10 which I sold to Jim Galli and a bunch of other stuff. it runs on the second sunday of each month...
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Peter. I did a search and came up with this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Camera shows are dangerous things for me, and feared by my wife. In the two shows that I've been to I've come away with more than seven cameras ...
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

second sunday show

Whitey-yes it is the second sunday show in Wayne.
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    I bought all of my stainless steel darkroom gear at the 2nd. Sunday Wayne, NJ show. That was a few years ago. E-bay has killed it off and the show is now about a third of what it once was. Still the place to go for filters. You never know what you might find. It's just a lot harder to find stuff now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin