Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,771   Posts: 1,516,527   Online: 793

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1822232425262728

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    John;

You can cost it out easily just by looking in supply catalogs for the chemistry in an earlier post here. It is beyond the scope of this forum to search out each supplier and list the prices, as they vary so much. I buy almost everything from the Formulary, because I have gotten familiar with their chemicals and the quality is just fine for my work. I can get everything I need in one order that way.

In fact, Bud had told me earlier that he would be stocking more chemicals for emulsion making, and I now see that he has put that information up on his web site.

PE
    That is really really cool!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    I simply do not agree with your statement above.

I have had a number of detailed conversations about this subject with Kodak management and nothing could be further from the truth. The fact is that the elimination of the paper business was actually a very positive event from a financial perspective in the sense that it positioned Kodak to consolidated their balance sheet to be in a position to survive and fight another day.

Yes, I was disappointed as we all were that the paper business did the dirt dance but in the interest in the bigger strategic picture I accept it as a necessary evil and I have moved on.

Onward!
    Well that's heartening to hear, although most of us don't have the benefit of a relationship with Kodak executives. Other's have alluded to Kodak's PR failure on this issue and it might be good if they were able to convince users of their genuine intention to stick around. I think that about the best thing for film user would be if the film business was split from the rest of Kodak, but that's just dreaming.
    Matt Gorringe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattg View Post
    I think that about the best thing for film user would be if the film business was split from the rest of Kodak, but that's just dreaming.
    Certainly as long as film continues to provide 50% of their gross income.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin