Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,825   Online: 1068

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    regarding Jobo 110 reels - they were actually a fixed 16mm transperant reel for the old 1000 series tanks. They fit the current series, but are a little loose on the centre core if you do rotation processing.

And you can cut a Patterson reel down to do 110 film - I used to have the instruction sheet a long time ago, but basically you cut the outside reel (the one with the bigger core) so that when it is pushed onto the inner reel the space is perfect to fit a 16mm/110 film (it should be easy enough to work out) - you then glue the part you cut off onto the top of the reel as a locking ring..and you've got a 16mm/110 film spool.

I've also got a couple of small 16mm film developing tanks - a Minolta one, plus another one that takes 2 16mm reels....in fact quite a few of the old tanks that took larget film sizes like 116 and 122 could be adjusted to take 16mm..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew K View Post

And you can cut a Patterson reel down to do 110 film - I used to have the instruction sheet a long time ago, but basically you cut the outside reel (the one with the bigger core) so that when it is pushed onto the inner reel the space is perfect to fit a 16mm/110 film (it should be easy enough to work out) - you then glue the part you cut off onto the top of the reel as a locking ring..and you've got a 16mm/110 film spool.

I've been looking at this myself for a while. I have convinced myself it will work, but haven't tried to mic out the dimensions required. If you happen to find those instruction, please share them.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello!
    Since I have a Jobo machine so I applied for 110 reel to this. Yesterday it happened so incredible that I am in a shop (England) got hold of Jobo 110-reel.
    I have a pro lab for developing film, black and white, color negative and color slide, from 110 up to 4x5 ". I even do all sort of darkroom job.
    Rolf Berntzen
    bildinfo@enbrabild.se

Shooter
    Multi Format

35 mm to 110 film splitting adapter

25+ years ago I bought an original Asahi (black) Pentax kit from a friend who had brought it back from Japan on one of his frequent business trips. I used it a couple of times and didn't think much of it at the time so just added it to my collection of Half-frame Pen-F stuff and other photographic odd but elegant cameras.

I just dug both of them out of deep storage recently, and think they might be fun to experiment with, and perhaps even resurrect my darkroom.Most of the posts are old and I'm looking for some recent news from active users.

I've really missed B&W as well as analog cameras, so finally might get over my procrastination and do something besides work in my physics lab and sleep.

The 35 mm Pen-F isn't going to be a problem, but if I start using the Asahi I'm going to want to use it a lot and don't want to be at the mercy of the film hoarders and increasingly rare processors.

Any wisdom you might be able to spare will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

b.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roberts View Post
    In one of my "just for the hell of it" phases, I made a jig for cutting down 35mm film to 110 size (16mm). It has two blades correctly spaced and guides 35mm apart. I load a 35mm cassette with FP4/HP5, feed it into the jig then switch out the lights. One swift pull and I have a strip of 110 width film. Having disassembled a 110 cartidge, I then spool the film and backing paper together, place in the cartridge and reassemble. There are a few provisos, not least that most 110 cameras require the perforations that cock the shutter and/or stop the film between what would normally be pre-exposed gaps. The Pentax 110s, however, don't rely on the notches and all is well as long as you can live with a steadily increasing frame gap. Development is straightforward, as my ancient Johnson tank will handle 16mm. It's not as hard as it sounds once you get the hang of it. Of course, another option would be to buy 16mm cine stock and sacrifice part of the picture area to perforations.

Cheers,

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blue Moon Camera and Machine has both film and does the best 110 film processing I have found. They are more expensive than a lab like Clark or York but worth it in my opinion.

I have a stock of Fuji Superia 110 that I stashed in my freezer a while back. It expired in 2009 and was probally the last batch made. I could sell you some at a reasonable price if you are really interested. PM me with your needs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmquinn View Post
    Blue Moon Camera and Machine has both film and does the best 110 film processing I have found. They are more expensive than a lab like Clark or York but worth it in my opinion.

I have a stock of Fuji Superia 110 that I stashed in my freezer a while back. It expired in 2009 and was probally the last batch made. I could sell you some at a reasonable price if you are really interested. PM me with your needs.
    Is this a PM ? If not please explain. Thx. b.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here a survey of sorts on the labs I tried out for 110 film developing.
    http://photo.net/film-and-processing-forum/00U2Re

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ionsourcerer View Post
    Is this a PM ? If not please explain. Thx. b.
    PM = Private message. Just log in and look in the upper right hand corner of this page. You will see that you have 1 unread PM that I sent you. Click on it.

Also welcome to APUG.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [
    (Simon-trigger: I'd love to see some B&W film in 110 format. Ah, well, dream on...)[/QUOTE]

Why? When there's Minox?
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin