Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,377   Online: 1023

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    film sux pixelz rox!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
    film sux pixelz rox!
    Now is this
    a) A troll trying to get a reaction.

b) An ironic comment on the lack of education which allows the marketing men /women to win.

c) An actual example of the Yoof of today expressing their opinion on the antiquated views of those who cling to an outmoded art form.

Answers on a postcard please to the Vogon Constructor fleet , Sol3 .
    (The answer 42 is not allowed )
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    film sux pixelz rox!
    Sounds more like what "Java Man" would utter as he struggled to learn a comprehensible language.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ahh I presume you do not teach teenagers , it's perfectly comprehensible to those of us that do (unfortunately)
    Hmm- Wonder if she'd notice if I bought that :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I put a clip on youtube demonstrating the multiple file opening capabilities of the iMac. Got a comment saying 'dude, you have mad file opening and expose-triggering skillz!' Not as bad as many I have seen.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by digiconvert View Post
    Ahh I presume you do not teach teenagers , it's perfectly comprehensible to those of us that do (unfortunately)
    Actually, I do teach teenagers, hence the wink emoticon at the end of the sentence... dude.
    Last edited by jovo; 12-31-2007 at 08:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You are of course right film is a shrinking market but when the mail order people do stock ferricyanide and can deliver from stock next day anything I have ever wanted they will get my money. For me it is a 40 mile round trip and parking to pay to my nearest J's so the postage is not an issue when you take the time and costs into account.
    I support those who have supported me and didnot try to sell me a digi phone when I wanted a roll of HP5+.

Regards Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    film sux pixelz rox!
    My favorite is "Film roolz, digtal sux" but these days I may be quoting the Antichrist.

No film is not dead. It may become a smaller market in some places but I'll be a lot older then, and by that time there may come a digital camera I actually like.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliej View Post
    I stopped into a CVS (large American chain) pharmacy in Columbus, OH last week while on holiday, and was perusing their cameras and film selections. They even had some APS film in stock - what are the odds of that happening??? When any Joe (or Jane) Nobody can walk in and buy some APS or 35mm film, I'm a thinkin' the talk of film photography being dead are to say the least a little premature.

paulie

At the drugstore chain I work at, at least in my store, we stock several types of Kodak and Fuji APS films, as well as 1 type of Kodak 110 film (not that I've seen anybody buy it) and we even have some Kodachrome 64 in stock! Of course, we also have a few brand new betamax tapes...

- Justin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    BUT... for most users film is ONLY dead because it is no longer obviously sold on the high street. And that is the fault of the retailer.
    I don't buy the cheapest film I can find online anymore and just buy it in my favourite shop in Dublin. I think the bargain hunters like myself may have contributed to this problem of high-street not stocking film.

I bought 4 dozen rolls of 120, some paper, chemicals and toner before Christms and the guy behind me said I was nuts for not buying online from the jersey islands. I turned to him and said I'd rather the shop stayed f***ing open than save a few quid and asked him who stocked 5L of Fixer in Jersey? He looked at me blankly for a few seconds and said, you're bloody right :rolleyes:

Ilford have a neat idea on their website and I'd love to see it rolled out to include Ireland. You can order on their site and the sale is sent through the distributor/shop. Trust them to come up with something like that. Ingenious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin