Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,638   Online: 948

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Interesting quote from Lens & Repro

The following comes from an ebay ad from Lens & Repro for a new store demo Wisner 4x5 Tech. Field camera:

"Camera has the original Wisner warranty card; but we do not think that he is in business at this time, therefore it has our Lens and Repro 90 day service warranty. Sold as described, final sale."

Is this comment really true? The last bit of info I heard on the forums had the staff of Wisner Classic Manufacturing cut down to Ron Wisner and head board cutter. The wesbsite is still up but now lacks a "last updated" note suggesting someone changed something.

Does anyone really know what's going on. Is the Lens & Repro statement appropriate?

Happy New Year ..... anyway
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Images
    Ron has been "out of business" for a long time now. Unfortunately, it took him too long to realize the fact!
    Cheers,
    Geary
    But your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war.
    Now Jesus don't like killin' no matter what the reason's for, and your flag decal won't get you into Heaven any more. – John Prine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    from what i have read and understand
    wisner is still in business, but on a small scale
    compared to before.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum187/...-business.html

look for posts by emil, he sells wisner's cameras ...

john
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

lens and repro

no doubt what they are stating is their warranty for the camera. I have dealt with them for well over 30 years now so do not be afraid to send them a check
    Best, Peter

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin