Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,010   Posts: 1,524,637   Online: 986

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks PE, that gives me an idea. I enlarged Portra 400NC 35mm on Supra Endura, and I was amazed not to see grain at all. I can't enlarge bigger with my current setup, but that's already quite impressive. And the shadow detail was great: my subject had a black shirt with slight bits of shiny thread that you can see just clearly enough.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It seems unfortunate that Kodak would bring us this great new film, but the only place we can see it is on their tiny image gallery. These 300x300 (?) images from medium format film don't really tell us much about the product.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I, for one, am quite happy for the release of the new Portra film. I can't wait to try out the 400VC. The 400NC long roll looks interesting well.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Portra film's been on my to-do list for a long while, and this is fantastic news - between this and the new T-Max it seems film development is still a very worthy aspiration for Kodak. We need some encouragement now and then from ol' yella.
    Who knows, Fuji may counter this development with their own, they seemed to play off each other historically.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Kodak has a dedicated team to both B&W and color film improvement.
    I would assume this is more 2 electron sensitization at work?

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did everybody miss the fact that these new portras will not be available in sheet film? Very disapointing.

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Did everybody miss the fact that these new portras will not be available in sheet film? Very disapointing.

jan
    If I read the press release info (the Questions and Answers pdf) correctly, the 400NC continues to be available in sheet film sizes, and the 400VC (continues) to not be available in sheet film sizes.

Matt

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt, Youre right, i missed that part. Ok, i am happy again not that there's anything wrong with the C2, it's a great film in any format.
    Thanks for correcting me.

jan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it still made in 220?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Really pleased about this because 400NC in 35mm is a really important film for my wedding work and I'm always trying to achieve the finest grain possible. Ideally I like to use the 160NC, but often the light is just not good enough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin