Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,222   Online: 969

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That was a message received this am, by the way, in response to an attempted purchase via Polaroid Canada's web store.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What a shame; it doesn't seem fair - have you called B&H or Calumet to see if they can supply you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    What a shame; it doesn't seem fair - have you called B&H or Calumet to see if they can supply you?
    Sort of begs the question: If they don't want you to buy it...

Very annoying.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have never heard of such a thing...unless they are inking a deal with a distributor, and don't want to compete. Other than that, it seems that Polaroid "might" be winding down it's instant film business??????????? I know I have had some type 79 on order here in the USA since early December and haven't received it yet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well from what I've been told by a pro store, Polaroid is winding up in 2009. After that, who knows ? This seriously bites as I've got an 8x10 processor and unless someone else steps in, I have a new door stop.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As a wise man said, let's hope Fuji steps up to the plate.

This is quite a bummer, as I've never had a chance to shoot Type55 (yet!)

I will try Freestyle, B&H, etc. and 'get while the gettin is good'

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I asked when I was in Beau Photo (http://beauphoto.com) in Vancouver the other day, and they said they're still ordering and receiving Polaroid film. They certainly had plenty of in-date film on the shelves, including a couple of boxes of 55.

That said, you sure can't order form Polaroid directly anymore, so if that's how somewhere was getting their film, might explain why they don't have it anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin