Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,899   Online: 1052

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I was given some anti-static 12"x15.5" bubble bags. They have work great for 8x10. No zip on them but they are tall enough just to fold over. Each holds 2 to 3 holders. After 5 years years, they are worn out and I need to replace them. Because there is not zip, they may not be perfect under very dusty conditions, But I have had good service from them

I like the little extra padding the bubbles have given the holders. Looks like with shipping they would cost about 50 cents each for 200 of them.

They have 10"x15.5" anti-static bubble bags that should hold one 8x10 holder for a few cents less each for 250 of them.

There is a 4mil, double-track zip, anti-static (non-bubble) 12"x15" for about 30 cents each for 500 of them. (No 10" wide bags that are tall enough in this style.)

Any of the above would be useful to me. I also have considered buying a case and then selling the extra here. I suspect most people would want the zippered bags.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    frotog: I have no problem at all keeping each holder in a ziploc and it doesn't hold me up at all. The key is to get bags that fit a single holder right. As for putting mulitple holders in a bag... as I said, you lose most of the advantage of using the bags in the first place when you do that. The idea is to seal up the holder and not open it until you use it or are going to process the film. If you are opening it to take out and put back other holders, you will introduce dust. In addition, the bags would be more of an inconvenience to work with several holders in them. With only one holder per well-fitted bag, you can see instantly what you have and which sides of a holder have exposed or unexposed film in it. You shouldn't have to shuffle through holders in a bag. As far as space goes, I have never had a problem with that at all. In fact, it is such a tiny consideration that it never even crossed my mind and I can fit the same number of holders in a case with or without holders. Again, I'm talking about using perfectly fit bags.
    Quote Originally Posted by frotog View Post
    Zone iii and I have a similar fondness, or mania, about holders and ziplock bags - I too can't imagine using holders independent of the freezer bags. The only reason I put several holders to a bag is because the bag takes up room in my roadcase that I had custom built for 57 holders. I'm not too sure if single bags would be all that helpful - perhaps too much material too bother with. Besides, if you carry your bagged holders in an exterior case and if there's a little extra room at the top of the bag to fold over then you're dust free between holders within a bag. I could see myself loosing patience with a bag for each holder - it would get in my way and slow down my process. Also, the ziplock on the hefty bags is far superior to the old style ziplock that you see on the uline bags. They're stronger, there's no fussing around with trying to get them sealed and they're easier to operate in the field.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    "I also have considered buying a case and then selling the extra here. I suspect most people would want the zippered bags.

Vaughn"

That's the idea. I use them and would like to get some more but the grade, size, and type I am talking about are only available in bulk quantities. Anyone can buy them, of course, but most of us don't want to buy them by the thousands and not use them. So I thought I would ask if anyone here would be interested in some. Unfortunately, I guess my question has been misinterpreted because the discussion has veered off onto descriptions of how people use them instead of whether or not they would be interested in getting some without having to buy them in large lots. The idea was not to make money on this. But I'm glad I asked because I have my answer. There obviously isn't enough interest to bother with it. I appreciate the responses I have received. Thanks much!
    Last edited by ZoneIII; 01-10-2008 at 12:58 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I buy bags for use up to 8x10 at the local supermarket. I have never had a problem when using bags that are not anti-static.
    I am interested in finding something for 7x17.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Zone III...if one wants a direct answer around here, one has to ask a direct question! LOL! Like -- Who wants to buy XX"XX" double zip-lock type bags for XX cents each, and how many of them? Otherwise you'll get these interesting discussions on different bags and film holder storage.

I am considering getting these from Uline:

"There is a 4mil, double-track zip, anti-static (non-bubble) 12"x15" for about 30 cents each for 500 of them. (No 10" wide bags that are tall enough in this style.)"

If I do (I want to make sure they'll zip properly with an 8x10 holder in them first), I'll put a notice in the For Sale forum -- will probably sell them for 50 cents each, which will include shipping if I can break even doing so. But don't hold your breath!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Google "anti static ziplock bags" They are everywhere and not expensive.. an example http://www.jcdanczak.com/our_products/subcat_34.html ..EC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin