Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,432   Online: 836

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Photographic Traditions of Maine has closed. I am not using Visual-Imaging who has the best prices out of any Ilfochrome lab I have ever seen. It is $14 for an 8X10 http://www.visual-imaging.com/
    I'm seeing $28, still cheap though. If anyone else has used this lab, I'd like to hear about it. I want to be absolutely sure that my money isn't wasted, and as they say, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    www.chromacolour.com.au
    Chroma Colour
    49 Wakefield St, Kent Town
    South Australia 5067

I've just sent some Velvia 6x7 i did down for printing

Peter was very quick in responding to my email and i look forward to getting the prints back
    Last edited by andrewkirkby; 05-06-2009 at 08:32 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add address

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    $285 for an 8X10!!??:o

If that's true, it would be the biggest rip-off, almost unspeakable as a crime to photographers, ever heard of in Ciba/Ilfochrome printing. Down here in Australia the most it's ever costed is: AUD$20 set up (masking etc.), AUD$57 1-2, AUD$41.00 3>). It isn't difficult to extrapolate to USD. My printer has four decades of experience so I would really, really question the price being charged for that 8x10. Obscene.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    If that's true, it would be the biggest rip-off, almost unspeakable as a crime to photographers, ever heard of in Ciba/Ilfochrome printing. Down here in Australia the most it's ever costed is: AUD$20 set up (masking etc.), AUD$57 1-2, AUD$41.00 3>). It isn't difficult to extrapolate to USD. My printer has four decades of experience so I would really, really question the price being charged for that 8x10. Obscene.
    It looks to me that this is for exhibition quality custom printing that can/will include custom masking. It isn't cheap in any way, but it may very well be of sufficient quality to be worth considering at $285.00 (for the first print at least).

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    It looks to me that this is for exhibition quality custom printing that can/will include custom masking. It isn't cheap in any way, but it may very well be of sufficient quality to be worth considering at $285.00 (for the first print at least).

Matt
    What!? "...exhibition quality..." That's what Cibas are renowned for. You don't buy them to be used as place mats on the kitchen table.

Exhibition quality Ciba printing to my specifications has always included:
    • Custom masking
    • Colour grading and correction
    • Contrast stats (often 2 same size prints with varied contrast to the first off).
    • Printer's spec record
    • Certificate of Authenticity

My printer expects the photographer (not just me) to present him with detailed technical specifications for printing; in my case, it is just a correction to filtration (too warm or too blue or neutralise either). I don't bother with trannies that are close to the edge contrast-wise.

Anyway, the price of US$285 remains manifestly excessive for 8x10" and I'd love to know on what grounds he could be charged that for such a small print. The same amount of money (a little higher here with the exchange rate) would buy three 30x40cm Cibas (a bit over $300 with insured freight added).
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by perkeleellinen View Post
    Has anyone used bpd photech in the UK?

Their prices for an 8X10 are £6.20 ($9.32).

http://www.bpdphotech.com/default.asp
    I used BPD Photech in April of last year (my only Ciba experience so far). Very responsive to emails/questions and a decent turnaround time too. The results look great to my eyes (although, as I said, I have no other reference!)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewkirkby View Post
    www.chromacolour.com.au
    Chroma Colour
    49 Wakefield St, Kent Town
    South Australia 5067

I've just sent some Velvia 6x7 i did down for printing

Peter was very quick in responding to my email and i look forward to getting the prints back

Just an update for those who happen on this forum still looking for Cibachrome printing; as of Feb 2010 Chromacolour will close its doors. The very professional Peter has suggested Sandy Barnard from http://www.sandyprints.com.au one of the few remaining practitioners in Australia.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well Im not in America but The Lighthouse Lab and Sandy Prints commercially print Ilfochromes up to 50inch x 4meters using traditional techniques.
    We will also in coming months offer it as both an analog and digital output service. Our details are

The Lighthouse Lab & Sandy Prints
    2-21 Mars Road
    Lane Cove West
    N.S.W Australia 2066

Our websites are www.sandyprints.com.au and www.thelighthouselab.com

we can be contacted on (+61) 415 677 522 or (+61) 02 9420 8883

Email Steve@thelighthouselab.com or Sandyprints@ozemail.com.au

There are now only 6 labs in the world offering ilfochrome printing up to 50inches using traditional printing techniques of which we are proudly one.
    "Its my profession to hijack time" ~ Stephen Frizza.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Visual-imaging lab...slide thieves!

Just wondering if anyone is using this lab? Visual imaging in Wyoming I sent off some very precious kodachromes of mine for ilfochrome prints in December '09. The slides were sent with a delivery conformation so I know they got there but it's now 5 months later and I have heard nothing ! I've emailed and left phone messages repeatedly with them to find out what has happened, and I have recieved absolutly no response to anything. I put in a complaint with the BBB and they were unable to get a response either. All I want are my slides returned at this point. So I'm wondering if anyone is using this lab? Are they still in business? And if anyone is thinking about using them in the future I suggest finding a different lab.
    Thanks for any replies.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just dropped in some B&W and colour slides to Stephen Frizza @ the lighthouse lab today. Perfect - only 5 mins drive from my office.

Looking forward to seeing the results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin