Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,479   Online: 973

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    I offer a Cibachrome (aka Ilfochrome) service from Kent in the UK. All prints are made by hand with conventional enlargers - no scanning etc. One of my clients is currently showing four prints in the AOP "A celebration of Kodachrome" exhibition in London. They are the only direct prints in this show, the others all being scan to C-type, Giclee, inkjet etc. There is, in my opinion, no comparison! I print for clients across the world, including USA, Australia, far East etc, using post or courier services. www.owenboyd.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you, Owen, for posting this information. One more traditional printing resource!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Just to let you know about an Ilfochrome/Cibachrome lab in France. All prints are made by hand by Roland Dufau.

http://www.rolanddufau.com/ (French and English website)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great Owen. Your prices are comparable with AU from the last time I had some done. Need to sort what I want now to take advantage of post !

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks to all who posted. I've added any relevant photo labs to my ilfochrome list. If you can think of any more feel free to add them here.

Cheers
    Gordon

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yeah the almighty Dufau is one of the top 5 Ciba printers on the planet! he doesn't work by the clock : he'll stop working on your prints only when HE considers them good.

He'll retire in a couple of years so you'd better hurry!

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of the best Ciba printers in Europe is this one: http://www.galleryimaging.nl/cibachrome.html
    Settled in the Netherlands.
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Erson View Post
    Yeah the almighty Dufau is one of the top 5 Ciba printers on the planet! he doesn't work by the clock : he'll stop working on your prints only when HE considers them good.

He'll retire in a couple of years so you'd better hurry!
    I own two prints from Roland Dufau since last year, and I am very proud to know my photos are good enough to be printed

Just for the sake of clarity : http://www.rolanddufau.com

P.S : Oups, didn't see the toroweap's message before posting, sorry.
    Last edited by Raphael; 09-06-2011 at 05:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is the stuff still available?
    I have been told that it is no longer produced...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's available but not what you'd call cheap. Given that there are labs dedicated to it, it's clearly not discontinued yet.

Can't say how long that will last though since everyone seems to think it doesn't exist and it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. What I don't understand is why we don't see digital labs printing to it via Chromira or Lightjet.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin