Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,581   Online: 967

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    I wonder if I've ever seen an Ilfochrome.

Those prices are teetering on possible if I restrict other purchases for a while.

Shooter
    35mm
    Crikey!!!
    That is not cheap!!!
    Still want to play with it though....
    Found some out of date paper at a local photo shop and asked about chems, they basically said I was dreaming. Told me I was wasting my time wanting to do RA4 too...
    Just bought 7 or 8 20" rolls of RA4 paper cheap from a pro lab that shut down but they only had replenish stuff and didn't know where to get home use stuff.
    Nobody around here seems to think home colour printing is worth the bother :-(

With Ilfochrome, would I have issues getting it shipped?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by derwent View Post
    Crikey!!!
    That is not cheap!!!
    Found some out of date paper at a local photo shop and asked about chems, they basically said I was dreaming. Told me I was wasting my time wanting to do RA4 too...
    Just bought 7 or 8 20" rolls of RA4 paper cheap from a pro lab that shut down but they only had replenish stuff and didn't know where to get home use stuff.

Theoretically it cannot travel by air but there's a reason I linked that particular store...

Shooter
    35mm
    Just been doing a bit of searching and it seems Ilford P30 comes up in the catalogue of Vanbar...so it looks like it may be available in Aus after all!

Shooter
    35mm
    Still haven't found any chems listed for Ektachrome paper though...and I've now got two rolls of that!

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Still haven't found any chems listed for Ektachrome paper though...and I've now got two rolls of that!
    Mmmm, let me know when you do find some HINT: Check the Fuji India website and give them a call or send them an email. I've been trying to email them for a while but never get a response.

Shooter
    35mm
    Will do....
    If I can find chems I can get a whole stack of Fuji reversal paper cheap...

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Derwent, I'll buy some paper off you if you can get your hands on some of the above chemicals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Crikey!!!
    That is not cheap!!!

Playing around with Ilfochrome as a home user is wasteful, very costly, uneconomical and unless you have advanced skills in contrast masking, the results will be substandard and disappointing: masking is essential and requires astute judgement. The big doyens of Ilfochrome in Australia have now closed shop: it is an exacting, expensive, unrewarding (cost of supplies and processing exceeds income) and unforgiving set up. Personally I'm glad I've moved on from it and now into digital. Is that a sin? No. I think most people should skill up for the future and not continue chasing pony tails.

AFAIK, the chems travel by sea freight, necessarily for their volatility. And sea freight is s..........l..............o..............w........ .... ! Vanbar ships what chems they have by road or you pick them up.

Aside from cost, which increases with nauseating regularity, you would have very serious issues with disposing of the used chems, particularly the extremely noxious and harmful bleach. Not something I'd like to get wrong in an environmentally-astute place like Tassie!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin