Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,146   Online: 1136

fwp

Shooter
    Large Format

pinacryptol yellow

I'm looking to mix up some fx-2 and notice that I can't find anyone that sells or has the pinacryptol yellow listed as an ingredient. Does anyone know who in the US has an in stock?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fwp View Post
    I'm looking to mix up some fx-2 and notice that I can't find anyone that sells or has the pinacryptol yellow listed as an ingredient. Does anyone know who in the US has an in stock?
    Photographer's Formulary used to sell it - but they don't list it now.

I mix my FX-2 without Pinacryptol Yellow - it works fine that way.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Expensive stuff, I don't remember ever using it but do have quite a bit on the shelf in my darkroom.

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It could be purchased if you could work out the import issues for shipping chemicals. I found a price of $43.00 US/gm..I gave up at that point...EC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Pinacryptol Yellow is in small glass phials, I think 0.2 gms from memory, although there was a jar with maybe 20 or 30gms. I might be prepared to sell one or two phials next time I'm back in the UK. Packaging such a small quantity safely isn't a problem.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hoskinson View Post
    Photographer's Formulary used to sell it - but they don't list it now.

I mix my FX-2 without Pinacryptol Yellow - it works fine that way.
    I was at the Formulary last summer, looking to purchase chems for FX2 among other things. They told me that pinacryptol yellow had become too expensive and difficult to stock. I asked about how they were making up TFX-2 without having stock, but can't recall the answer. It may have been that they were making some compensating adjustments to the formula to do without the pinacryptol yellow, or may have already.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am already going to be sending some Pinacryptol yellow to North America in March/April, the price will be fair, ie well below market cost. I will post the quantities & price on the Classifieds section when I return to the UK in March. If any one else is interested could you let me know.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin