Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,921   Posts: 1,522,096   Online: 714

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New Endura paper?

I was looking at the Kodak page for Endura paper and this was being championed as a new addition to the range:

http://wwwuk.kodak.com/global/en/pro...14.24.18&lc=en

Anyone know anything about this? It talks about a very high gloss - maybe that's to offer an alternative to Ilfochrome for those who want to scan slides and print on RA paper.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few weeks back there was a thread here that Ultra had been cancelled. I suggested that there was some confusion due to the cancellation of some sizes of all Endura papers, and the introduction of a new, High Def Ultra. You may want to refer to that thread.

It is correct. There is a new Ultra Endura.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that - sounds interesting - I've read on on the pages, says it is due to be released mid 08.

This is such great news as I really want to do more and more colour printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's a great thing, but it it appears it will mostly be sold in rolls: "There will be a limited range of roll sizes available at launch – others will be made available based on customer/market demand."

I hope they sell it in sheets, and that my stupid local dealers will have it. They can't even manage to get Endura Metallic...
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know it appears to be only rolls, but its still good news.

Shooter
    Large Format
    So Kodak all but discontinues the old ultra endura (now only one roll size in F surface is available unless you order 10k of paper), a favorite among color printers, and in their infinite wisdom they introduce a new paper with a psychedelic irridescent sheen! I can't wait to see it...I wonder if it will be as hideous as the metallic stuff. What a brilliant marketing strategy! I'll make sure to stand in line for my 50" x288' roll.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin