Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,958   Posts: 1,523,002   Online: 1197

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Now this is the way film should be marketed

http://www.lomography.com/filmshop/

Geared towards the hip Lomo crowd, but I guess anyone can buy film here. The more people that sell and market film, the better it is for all of us. Easy to use website, flashy, relevant information, neat pics, very in - great for the next generation of traditional film photographers.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey at least they don't have Lomographical markups on the price!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    25 euro for a 5 pack of 120 format fuji acros film? I have them for 2.80 euro each...

Besides that it is 25 euro for us and 25 dollar for the usa????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, in this case. You want film to survive in the next generation? Make it fashionable with fashionable prices. Lomo is flourishing, while local photo film shops are going under or going 100% digital.

Film OEMs are dwindling products and 3rd party OEMs make poor quality products. Is that better so you can get cheap film? Like I said about camera manufacturers in another thread, film and film products and accessories has to now be marketed as a luxury, only then will it survive and actually grow. Market it as cheap, and well, most people don't desire cheap.

Regards, Art.
    Last edited by gr82bart; 02-05-2008 at 09:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes I noticed the US $ and Euro prices were the same, and thought what a rip-off.

I won't buy from a site like that.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmm ... I see we have site full of micro-thinkers and not macro-thinkers, probably very few capitalists too ... :o You all realize they are NOT marketing to APUGers, right?

Regards, Art.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Yes I noticed the US $ and Euro prices were the same, and thought what a rip-off.
    Unfortunately, this seems very common these days. Many shops ask the Dollar price 1:1 in Euros, or even more.

I'll buy a standard 50mm lens for my Canon these days. This lens costs $300 in the US. Here in Europe they sell it between EUR 300 (US $440) and EUR 400 (US $586).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lazy web programming on somebody's part with the price thing. They should be able to recompute the prices on the fly based on exchange rates. The rate should be around $1USD = 0.7EURO right now.

And not every listing has the USD = EURO, at least when I sorted for 120 films that was the case.

More power to them if they sell film and keep the pipeline flowing!
    Last edited by rwyoung; 02-05-2008 at 11:31 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo
    Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things! http://rwyoung.wordpress.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gr82bart View Post
    Yes, in this case. You want film to survive in the next generation? Make it fashionable with fashionable prices. Lomo is flourishing, while local photo film shops are going under or going 100% digital.

Film OEMs are dwindling products and 3rd party OEMs make poor quality products. Is that better so you can get cheap film? Like I said about camera manufacturers in another thread, film and film products and accessories has to now be marketed as a luxury, only then will it survive and actually grow. Market it as cheap, and well, most people don't desire cheap.

Regards, Art.
    All shops are going under because of the internet shops....
    But where I live more and more online shops sell film for nice prices.

And if somebody would like to use across in the usa, i can recommend freestylephoto, across 120 is $2.70, that is about 1.70 in euros....

If somebody wants to get rich, take a second job, don't triy to rip film users off!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think a lot of the big companies neglected the marketing of film too early.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin