Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,255   Online: 1182

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Well, what is curious to me, and that no one else picked up on is that they have it left, but no dealer seems to be ordering it out of the remaining Kodak stock. At least that is what I gather.

PE
    That is weird, I wonder how much is "tiny"? A few thousand rolls? I talked to my supplier today to confirm a final order and they said that orders have jumped 400% in the last two weeks. I can't imagine that if they keep getting steady requests for it that they won't put another order in to Kodak.

I would love to get some more but aside from spending over $7,000 on a hassy system, 120 rolls of 35 HIE and 50 rolls of it in 120, I am blowing my quarterly budget already for this kind of thing.

Besides, I don't know how long this stuff actually lasts even in deep freeze so I think I have all I can use really. If I can shoot it all on special projects and ad campaigns over two years or so, it will be money and time well spent.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HIE and EIR are/were the shortest lived of all Kodak products IIRC. Even freezing will not stop their gradual demise, it just slows them down a bit.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    HIE and EIR are/were the shortest lived of all Kodak products IIRC. Even freezing will not stop their gradual demise, it just slows them down a bit.

PE
    Yeah,

That is what I hear consistently. I'll definitely have it all shot in two years or less then, that should be safe.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin