Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,764   Posts: 1,484,070   Online: 1092

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

If anyone is looking for HIE....

Hi all--
    I'm not sure if this is the best forum to put this post in, but here goes!

If there is anyone out there looking for some HIE, I have some good news for you. The lab I work in has a super cool little business that operates in our building...it is called Just Film. Anyway, Volker (the owner/operator of Just Film) let me know that he has about 60 rolls of HIE left. The super cool thing about Volker is that he will ship it anywhere and does not mark up the price on films that are not being made. So if you need some HIE and want to help out a great business (with a great business name!) give him a call. Mon-Fri 9am-5pm PST, the number is 415-864-0665. Hopefully there is someone out there that can put the film to good use. I've never shot HIE and would rather see it go to someone that is well versed on getting good results from it. I also saw a few rolls (maybe 4 or 5) at the photo supply shop down the street, Photographer's Supply. I don't know any name to give you there, but their phone number is (415) 495-8640. Not sure if they ship, but you never know. Anyway, hope this post ends up being of some use to someone out there!

Adios,
    Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Matt,
    Would "Just Film" have a web site? One heck of a long distance phone bill from eastern Canada to western USA.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    7dayshop.com are also showing 'plenty' in stock. They only ship to UK and Ireland addresses though

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    Hi Matt,
    Would "Just Film" have a web site? One heck of a long distance phone bill from eastern Canada to western USA.
    It costs me a nickel to call from Saskatchewan to anywhere in North America for a minute. 10 minutes on the phone costs less than mailing a letter to the next town down the road.

A website is certainly more convenient, but in these days of cheap communications, I don't think twice about calling long distance. In fact, when I renewed my Black & White Photography subscription last year, I called the UK to do it because the only way they would renew with a credit card was with a phone call. The call cost me 8 cents.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's still out there, but for how long is the question. I have purchased well over 100 rolls in the past few weeks and now have enough to play with for awhile.

But please, get it before the ebay sharks do...

Shooter
    35mm
    In case anyone is interested, we at Photo Central still have some stock of HIE (about 20 rolls or so). For those of you who don't know us, we are located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. We are happy to ship to most locations. You can find our contact information on our website: photocentral.ca.

We have also verified that we will not be able to obtain anymore HIE once our stock is gone.

Regards,

A

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have heard that Kodak still has a tiny amount left to ship.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up Matt and Photo-Central!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I have heard that Kodak still has a tiny amount left to ship.

PE
    That's the impression I got from my supplier as well.

The time to act is now, it's not like the expiration dates are going to be later if we buy the film later....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, what is curious to me, and that no one else picked up on is that they have it left, but no dealer seems to be ordering it out of the remaining Kodak stock. At least that is what I gather.

PE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin