Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,473   Posts: 1,570,974   Online: 823

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images

New Bergger Products are at home

Yes, this morning, while I was shooting, the post man rang. He was bringing me a big parcel from Bergger: The new Variable NB is at last here!!! I will try it this afternoon, and tell you. Boxex are no longer creamy, they are grey. That is the first difference
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am very curious as to how the new papers compare to the old ones. Please keep us posted.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Well, I have already tested it. One print. I have never seen so deep blacks. That's all what I can say at the moment. I will keep you informed.

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    Well, I have already tested it. One print. I have never seen so deep blacks.
    Hmm...excellent. I developed some unexposed film that I want to print really really black...I've been looking for the right paper to use

I hope the Forte clones arent far behind.

Wayne

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Now, my first print is dry. Well, quite flat, very white base (as the former version), and deep, deep , deep blacks.

First example here: http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...4&ppuser=13627
    Last edited by Aurelien; 02-19-2008 at 02:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Any clue where we can order online ??

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    You have maybe to ask them on their website.

As far as I am concerned, I order it direct at the company.

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Well, I don't know if it is the right place or not, but I will go on telling you my experiments with this new paper.

First, I made tests to determine wether the paper is the same or not. The results shows that the sensitivity is the same that former variable NB. Same sensitivity, and same reaction to contrast modulation. The new paper is very close to the former one.

Second I tested the reactivity to selenium. On this point the new paper is clearly less sensitive that the former one. The former NB used to have a magenta tone after a very short virage. The new one does not exhibit such a propriety. No big tonal change. But the DMAx seems to be enhanced after selenium.

Third, I compared it to Foma Variant 111. Clearly, the NB is very cooltone, whereas the foma is a little warm (I precise that I developped in Tetenal Eukobrom, and I used to think that results with Foma 111 were cooler than when I develop it in Harman Warmtone). NB paper base is whiter than Foma's.

I think it is not very pertinent to scan the prints, because, with the digital step, you won't see any difference between the prints.

the analog place to be

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This sounds promising. I need to find a substitute for my dwindling stock of Polygrade.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin