Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,942   Online: 978

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fuji Instant

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PVia View Post
    RLs and QLs work great in my Polaroid 545i holder...not an issue at all.
    Worth knowing - I've not tried RLs/QLs because I've been concerned about film flatness in the Polaroid holder owing to the lack of pressure plate. (Actually, I'm not sure I 'get' RL/QL anyway to be honest, it seems rather expensive compared to just regular film holders, but at least it's worth knowing I can try if I want to!)

Frances - the PA-45 holder will take the FP100C45 packs (and works a treat) but not the smaller 'medium format' FP100C packs.

I believe there are reducing backs which will fit a 4x5 camera but take the smaller instant film packs, but I'm afraid I don't know a model name/manufacturer off the top of my head - someone else may be able to help!
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Large Format
    The Polaroid 405 film back fits a 4x5 camera and takes the smaller instant film packs. If you find an in-box unit on ebay they may come with a mask for your ground glass to show the smaller image area.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Great News! Praus Productions has the FP100B B&W material and the price is $8.63 plus calculated shipping and appropriate sales tax for NYS residents. I bought a case directly from FUJI a couple of months ago.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I would have thought Fuji would be the obvious people to make a 600 film replacement.

Do they make film that can be used by the business who still use instant film for passport photos?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Fuji FP-100C is the passport photo film. Color. Much more accurate color than Polaroid 669. Creating a 600 film replacement is a bit more difficult due to the integrated film pack battery and that Fuji integral materials expose from the rear and have coatings laid down in reverse using the Kodak patents.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh so the business (Like Timpsons) still using it wont suffer then, surprised nobody corrected me on that.

So how is it Fuji are able to make instant film but Kodak are not allowed? I would have thought Polaroid would be prepared to licence out their patents very cheaply.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Polaroid sued Kodak several decades ago and won. That is why Kodak had to cease their version of Instant photography.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I was looking for a fuji pa-45 and a polaroid 550 on an auction site and was amaized at the prices thay are going for ($200.00 and more) well i guess it's a matter of supply and demand.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi everybody,

resurrection again from this interesting thread.
    I just bought a PA 45 and would like to have some advices from usual users on the use of the following films:

FP 100 C45
    FP 500 B45

additionally, what i still do not get is if we have to shoot the full pack once in the holder or if there is a way to switch from one emulsion to the other w/o encountering troubles, like losing a film each time?

Thanks for your helps
    Yann

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They are excellent, Yann. And no, there is no way to switch, unless you have a changing bag and can leave one opened pack in there.... I do that sometimes, but you pretty much lose one exposure regardless.

Also try fp3000b, it is amazing.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin