Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,404   Online: 1103

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mirko,

I agree with you concerning your first two points.

But isn't remaking a product once existing just looking back into the past?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mirko, I think you summed up everything very well, thank you.

Interestingly many X-rays are now made digitally, but then output to a thermal silver film because that's what the doctors need.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mirko,

Sounds logical to me, I am willing to wait for the new Adox "APX" 100 and 400 when the Agfa stocks dry up.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Mirko,

Sounds logical to me, I am willing to wait for the new Adox "APX" 100 and 400 when the Agfa stocks dry up.

Bill
    I would be more interested in Agfapan 25. Apparently it was legendary, but I never got around to trying it before it was discontinued.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Mirko, I think you summed up everything very well, thank you.

Interestingly many X-rays are now made digitally, but then output to a thermal silver film because that's what the doctors need.

Ian
    Or the hospitals don't have a proper PACS system and the digital images only stay in the system a few months. Film is used for archiving.

Very few hospitals use film in their X-Ray machines these days - it's either digital capture or a reusable plate which is then scanned with a laser of a specific colour...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I read in the newspaper yesterday that Agfa Gevaert Belgium will fire another 160 employees because of the ongoing sales problems. And more might follow. It's mainly desk jobs they will get rid off.
    Sure, I could give you a boring explanation who I really am but I rather let the Origami do the talking.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In those papers I don’t read anything on film, but rather about shareholders accusing Agfa-managers of mismanagement.

Those people who are going to be loose their job are situated in those two trendy subgroeps...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Isn't remaking a product once existing just looking back into the past?
    I think this very much depends on the reason why the product disappeared from the market and how long this is ago.

In case of our "project-products" (MCP, MCC, APX) all of them are still in the channel and we try to keep them there.

I suppose no one will disagree that the reasons for the closing down of the AgfaPhoto plant in Leverkusen were complex and intransparent.

They certainly did not go into liquidation because of reasons related to the quality of their black and white assortement.

So I would disagree with you in this specific case.

Best regards,

Mirko

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    My only wish would be to keep APX 100 in production, and the resurection of APX 25, for films. I think APX 400 is less important since there are equivalent on the market: foma 400, hp5, triX, bergger 400.
    Actually, there is a market for slow films like rollei 25, so the return of APX 25 would be a real benefit for photography. But there is one condition: Adox brand will have to be better distributed. If no, there is no relevance to produce such products if we can only buy them on one website!
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm RF
    [QUOTE=AgX;594701]In those papers I don’t read anything on film, but rather about shareholders accusing Agfa-managers of mismanagement.

QUOTE]

Agfa-Gevaert's problems are in their Graphics and Medical divisions. Their "Materials/Special Products"-division, where film is made, is relatively doing well.

Jacques
    Leica III, IIIa, M2 (2X), M6, MP
    Nikon F2A, F2S, FM, FM2n (2x), FT2
    Slides color + B&W - Leica Pradovit P2002

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin