Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,746   Posts: 1,515,664   Online: 788

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jgjbowen View Post
    Sorry to reserect an old thread but....

John,
    I ordered some 14x18 apollo paper from LI in late November. They charged my CC on November 29th. When Dec. 20th rolled around without any shipping notification, I called LI. Seems the paper isn't expected until late January. I gave them hell for charging my CC months before expected shipment and requested the order be cancelled and a refund issued.

I've decided to use this:
    http://www.hollingermetaledge.com/mo...32115013081757
    instead. A few pennies more per sheet, but I won't have to fool with cutting it down from 14x18 to 14x17 :-)

Happy Holidays,
    Wow, this is an old thread. I haven't bought anything from LI since before I started this thread in 2008.

Oct 15, 2010 I ordered from Hollinger Metal Edge
    100 sheet pack IP810 buffered interleaving paper 8x10 $6.60
    100 sheet pack IP1418 buffered interleaving paper 14x18 $25.85
    five 12x10.625 HG Print file boxes @ $10.55 each

I have used their larger boxes for 7x17 negatives for several years and when they changed shape to a flatter style, my friend John Bowen was kind enough to sell me some of his extras in the original shape which allowed upright edge storage of the negative rather than flat.

John Powers

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This is an old thread, but did any one else noticed it is the same issue with Light Impressions.?
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm looking to purchase some interleaving paper to make some 8x10 negative "taco" film sleeves.

Hollinger looks like a good place, and the price isn't all that bad.

whats the difference between the "buffered" and "unbuffered" papers anyhow? the ones' I'm looking at are here:

http://www.hollingermetaledge.com/mo...39512809773884

thanks!

-Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jgjbowen View Post
    Sorry to reserect an old thread but....

John,
    I ordered some 14x18 apollo paper from LI in late November. They charged my CC on November 29th. When Dec. 20th rolled around without any shipping notification, I called LI. Seems the paper isn't expected until late January. I gave them hell for charging my CC months before expected shipment and requested the order be cancelled and a refund issued.

I've decided to use this:
    http://www.hollingermetaledge.com/mo...32115013081757
    instead. A few pennies more per sheet, but I won't have to fool with cutting it down from 14x18 to 14x17 :-)

Happy Holidays,
    As a follow-up, I received my January CC stmt and had NOT received a credit from Light Impressions. I contacted my CC company to dispute the charges. I also let the CC company know that my card had been charged at least 2 months prior to LI expecitng to ship the goods.

My advice to anyone anticipating ordering from LI would be to call them to check on the inventory of your items and then place the order over the phone. Good luck.
    John Bowen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin