Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,732   Online: 826

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

ILFORD Photo 2008 ULF Run

Dear All,

Just to let you know I will be posting full details on the ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology ULF run on this forum by the end of this week:

I will be posting details of our ULF reseller partners, PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ORDERS ON THEM BEFORE THE FULL DETAILS ARE PUBLISHED. As per the last two years we will make in HP5+ and FP4+ ( please note : we are aware many people have requested we add a DELTA emulsion, this would obviously dilute sales and I have previously explained we need to cover the higher finishing and waste costs ).

Another reason we did not include DELTA, is that, like last year, we will make any volume to avoid people having to place large ( and potentially expensive )individual orders to get the size made that they need, all sizes that are ordered from our ULF Partners WILL BE MANUFACTURED BY ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited, even if it is only a couple of packs.

All pack sizes are 25 sheets in FP4+ and HP5+

4" x 10" : 5" x 12" : 6.5" x 8.5" : 7" x 11" : 7" x 17" : 8" x 20" :
    10" x 12" : 11" x 14" : 12" x 20" : 14" x 17" : 16" x 20" : 20" x 24" :

Timelines and item numbers will be posted this week : A press release will also be issued to ensure wider coverage of this make:

Simon : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Any possibility of adding 2.25x3.25" to that list? I know it's a stock size for HP-5+, but I'd be interested in FP-4+.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Simon!

David, how about cutting down 5x7, which is available. I realize that you lose a bit...

Anyway I'd also be interested in seeing things like xp2, sfx,and delta in 2.25x3.25".
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I could cut down 5x7" or some other format, but one could say that of any of the special formats offered here. The competing product in 2.25x3.25" would be Efke PL100, so I would probably just continue using it rather than cutting down a different film in a larger size.

I'd probably order at least 20 boxes myself, and I suspect that some of the other 2x3" shooters would order more. I don't know how many square meters of film they'll add up to, but there are certainly more people shooting 2x3" than 7x11" or 10x12".
    Last edited by David A. Goldfarb; 04-14-2008 at 09:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I would join you on that order. I do have some PL50M to try though.

xp2 minisheets too please!

(Meanwhile all the ULFers want 2.25x3.25'....)
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I'm waiting for details to get my 8x20 order.....

Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I dont think the XP2 emulsion has been available in sheets for quite a while (has it ever been?), so I don't like your chances on that one
    Simon, you might wanna reaffirm which emulsions just can't be made in sheets, or are entirely uneconomical to pursue for Ilford. Please, before someone asks for Pan F+ again...

ULF seems to be a growing field for photography, so I'm glad to see this ongoing commitment even if I'm not an ULF user myself. Have fun guys.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hehe, just what I need... Order some more HP5+ in 7x17 when I don't even have my camera yet. By the way I'm taking credit for starting this ULF order as I took the last 3 boxes of HP5+ Ilford had in stock.

Shooter
    Large Format

Is FP4+ still available in 13x18 ?

I am based in the US. I have both 5x7 and 13x18 holders and would like to be able to utilize both. Is there any plan to have some FP4+ 13x18 (cm) available to US based retailers? I believe that FP4+ and HP5+ used to be regularly cut in 13x18. Is it possible for a US based retailer to obtain this film or would I have to have it shipped from Europe. J&C used to stock some film and paper in metric sizes (obviously not Ilford film) but I am now unable to find any metric sized film this side of the Atlantic.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Hany.

The Netherlands, close to the Belgian border
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    As per the last two years we will make in HP5+ and FP4+ ( please note : we are aware many people have requested we add a DELTA emulsion, this would obviously dilute sales and I have previously explained we need to cover the higher finishing and waste costs ).
    I honestly don't understand how people can ask for XP2, Delta, SFX in this thread. I believe Simon is absolutely clear on the how and why. I think this ULF offering may even cost money for Ilford/HARMAN, and by offering only FP4+ and HP5+, the loss is at least minimised. Or maybe there's even some profit, who knows. Either way, there's a lot of work involved. I think the original post from Simon is 100% clear.

shuttr.net
    -- A sinister little midget with a bucket and a mop / Where the blood goes down the drain --

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin