Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,087   Online: 1133

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Paper Sizes 10x12 and/or 12x16?

Are there any domestic, USA, sources for papers
    those sizes? What papers might they be? Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Try Freestyle for 12x16.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wynit, the Ilford distributor in for the US has Multigrade FB matt 12x16 in their catalogue. Got to http://www.wynit.com and search for "12x16".

The Canadian distributor Amplis Foto doesn't list any 12x16 at all.

I want 12x16 in RC glossy. If you want better avalability of Ilford 12x16 paper as well, contact Wynit or Amplis and let them know. If enough people reply, they'll see that there is a market for it.

Cut 12x16 in half and you get a perfect 2:3 ratio paper for 35 mm negatives. Uncut 12x16 is closer to 2:3 than 11x14.

Menno
    Last edited by spijker; 05-08-2008 at 11:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Reviving an old thread. Looking for 10x12 papers, again from US/domestic distributors. I can't seem to find any. Anyone know of any?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Danqcu,

12" x 10" is not a standard photo size : The US market specific size of 12" x 9.5" is the closest ( 24cm x 30.5cm ) and this is available in virtually all ILFORD Photo Paper products.

The 16" x 12" size ( 30.5cm x 40.6cm ) is a Univerasl product available worldwide again in virtually all our products.

Also I would be pretty sure that other paper manufacturers have these two sizes available in the North American market in the vast majority of their products.

If you ever need to check any of our products, go to the ILFORD Photo website and look up the PAL ( Product Availability List ).

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    FWIW, I found a HK distributor for Lucky 10x12 papers. 20 box minimum order. I've requested more information/pricing on this. Will report back to y'all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I may be wrong, but I assume it's to contact print your 8x10 negatives. If so, don't disregard 11x14 paper. It may turn out to be cheaper than placing a large order of custom cut paper.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    The 16" x 12" size ( 30.5cm x 40.6cm ) is a Univerasl product available worldwide again in virtually all our products.
    But Wynit doesn't list most of them, and they don't respond to queries from consumers.

Is there an established procedure for obtaining a product that's in the PAL but not listed by the local distributor?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Oren,

There certainly is.

A special order should be placed with your reseller using our Item number ( you will probably need to pay in full or a deposit ) they will place the order with WYNIT who in turn place an order on us ( they order weekly from the UK ).

If the item is a stock item they can order 1 : For some special orders you have an MOQ ( minimum order quantity ) as it is made to order only.

16 x 12 Paper is a stock item across all our MULTIGRADE products.

Then you have to remember it has to be shipped to the USA by sea so delivery is 5 to 6 weeks.

Regards

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited ;

Shooter
    Large Format
    Simon -

Well, that's a pleasant surprise indeed! Much appreciated, and duly noted for future use.

Thanks...

...Oren

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin