Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,205   Online: 992

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

ILFORD Process & Print Service : Additional Services

Dear All,

As you know the ILFORD Photo process and print service is now all done in house at Mobberley. We offer a full range of D&P services including push / pull all printed down onto ILFORD monochrome paper, as well as write to CD and real monochrome prints from digital files, I am pleased to announce our 120 service is now up and running, European services will be next, as always check the ILFORD photo website www.ilfordphoto.com for current status and to download any order forms you may need.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear All,

As you know the ILFORD Photo process and print service is now all done in house at Mobberley. We offer a full range of D&P services including push / pull all printed down onto ILFORD monochrome paper, as well as write to CD and real monochrome prints from digital files, I am pleased to announce our 120 service is now up and running, European services will be next, as always check the ILFORD photo website www.ilfordphoto.com for current status and to download any order forms you may need.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Which process is used? Just curious.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've only used the 35mm service, but it is very good, and quite quick. I'll certainly give the 120 service a try out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Simon,

Will there be a similar service for this side of the pond?

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Process is dedicated mono processors ( FP40's ) negs are scanned then to a custom FUJI Frontier re-chipped and converted to monochrome exposing to our RC digital monochrome silver gelatin paper. Quality we believe to be outstanding.

European service later this year, further printing options later this year, cannot do stateside at this time.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a friend who I'm slowly converting to the dark side (persuaded him he needed to buy a Fed for peanuts from a camera shop in Budapest when we were there, and now he's talking about picking up something like a Canon A1 - yay,) and I gave him one of the Ilford process envelopes after I'd heard they brought the service in-house; we were both very impressed with the results, so that's another vote of confidence from me.

Possibly counterintuitively I'd say it's a particularly good service if you shoot the C41 B&W films like XP2 - while the advantage of them is obviously that any old minilab can process them, the prints they produce often have strange colour casts: not a problem of course with Ilford's genuine B&W prints.
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    I'd say it's a particularly good service if you shoot the C41 B&W films like XP2.
    I was think of using this service for exactly that.

I also think the prints from digital files service would be of interest to users of those alternative technology cameras who may like monochrome prints on 'proper' monochrome paper with no colour cast.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Prints from B&W tranparencies

Simon

Presumably Ilford can produce high quality B&W images from B&W transparencies. Currently people have to have Ilfochromes which aren't ideal.

Could you find out more, I know a number of people have B&W films processed as transparencies by dR5 in the US.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Cheers Ian,

I'm one of the dr5 brigade as you know and you beat me to asking the question...!

I usually use Cibas (which can be amazing with a good printer) or Lambdas from transparency scans (ssshhh!) but it would be great to have the Ilford option...
    Last edited by coigach; 06-30-2008 at 02:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will check

Simon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin