Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,548   Online: 949

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorvir toners

Shooter
    Multi Format

address for colorvir

For what it's worth, I would like to report that I recently received an answer to my email request from a French address, a yahoo account, saying that the sender would be happy to send me a package of colorvir against an advance cheque to a sent to a French Postal address.I am not going to order it now, as I decided for an alternative, and as I received this email privately, I am not certain whether it is okay to post it here, but I will give it to anyone who contacts me privately.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am curious if Colorvir is no longer around making their products does anyone know what the chemicals where in those bottles? A-j and Freezing the Grey and the dyes etc?

~Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Frizza View Post
    I am curious if Colorvir is no longer around making their products does anyone know what the chemicals where in those bottles? A-j and Freezing the Grey and the dyes etc?

~Steve
    Steve, can't answer the second part of question but have a look at my previous post. The MD of Firstcall, a large mail order site in the U.K. dealing with the student market confirmed to me in an e-mail that Colorvir is still operating and he was expecting another consignment of kits from them.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    can confirm that FirstCall stock these chemicals: dated the 7th February 2010

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...ands/colorvir/

Ric

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by kr236rk View Post
    can confirm that FirstCall stock these chemicals: dated the 7th February 2010

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...ands/colorvir/

Ric
    Good news.
    The colorvir company were very uncommunicative to me when I was writing the toning book. I drew a complete blank with them.

Don't forget that Fotospeed's Palette Toner kit contains some very similar toners based on vanadium and titanium. Many of the other colorvir bits can be sourced elsewhere too eg sepia, and other bits of the kit.

Tim

Shooter
    Large Format
    This thread is quite some years old, and I have a full Colorvir kit totally unused right here. What can anybody tell me about it? Thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Did it include a wire bound book (some 100 odd pages) ?

It is an interesting process that suits some subjects. It can also look quite garish if overdone.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Did it include a wire bound book (some 100 odd pages) ?

It is an interesting process that suits some subjects. It can also look quite garish if overdone.
    No, just an 8 page leaflet. And the packaging list makes no mention of such a booklet.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    PM an email address and I'll send a 12Meg file over.

Shooter
    Large Format
    So... I've been doing photography since 1966, and darkroom since 1971, and only now do I have my hands on a Colorvir set. The possibilities are exciting, but somehow dampened by the realization that no matter what I do, it will be seen as a photoshop job. Just a gd dang bunch of photoshop trash. Further mitigated by the fact you can't even buy any refill chemistry any more.
    But you know what?, I'm going to make some Colorvir pictures anyway, and damn computer "art". That's not art, that's just computers.
    I've already got a couple pictures in mind. Thanks for the help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin