Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,847   Online: 682

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorvir toners

Shooter
    Multi Format

Colorvir toners

Hello, does anybody know whether the Colorvir company in France is still active, and how they may be contacted?

Their website is active, but the traders in Germany do not stock the product any more, I get no answer to my email, and the French phone number given there connects to someone else.

Lukas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas Werth View Post
    Hello, does anybody know whether the Colorvir company in France is still active, and how they may be contacted?

Their website is active, but the traders in Germany do not stock the product any more, I get no answer to my email, and the French phone number given there connects to someone else.

Lukas
    I had the same expeience whenever I tried to contact them a couple of years ago. Never ever answered any of my emails.
    I don't know if still trading or not.
    Tim

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If not it's a pity - the set of toners is great fun. I still have most of mine left - which may indicate that the toners last too long and have too large capacity to be economical for the producer?

There's also the sad fact that with the introduction of d*g*tal photography for "everyman", churning out prints with whacky colours qiocly lost its appeal...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Just checked the Firstcall website. It lists the Colorvir Effects Kit which on reading the information seems to be the kit to which the thread refers. It's priced at £36.99. Firstcall says it has been importing the kits for the last 4 years. There's also a professional kit at twice the price. Looks to be fun to use. I have seen examples in a Roger Hicks/Frances Schultz book which were impressive.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Colorvir manuals

If You get a kit, I would ask You to share English manuals (copy or scan) with me. I have some old articles from magazines if You will need. I have made some scans of my photos with Colorvir here:

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgall...00&ppuser=8145

in my gallery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the answers; I was not aware of the firstcall website. I only hope the kit will remain available; I am somewhat worried that they sell only left-overs. Before I place an order, I will ask them.

If and when I get a kit, I will certainly share the English manual.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukas Werth View Post
    Thank you for the answers; I was not aware of the firstcall website. I only hope the kit will remain available; I am somewhat worried that they sell only left-overs. Before I place an order, I will ask them.

If and when I get a kit, I will certainly share the English manual.
    Firstcall deal mainly with the photography student market in the U.K. and while not the cheapest on many items are very reliable and carry a wide range of items. By left-overs I take it you mean kits made up from old stock? I would be surprised if the kits were left-overs. If Firstcall continues to import the kits as it says then this indicates fresh stock and if it was left-overs then I'd be surprised if this wasn't stated.

In short I think you will find they are new kits but asking the question is worthwhile.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I am sorry to say that the ColorVir company is now dead.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    I am sorry to say that the ColorVir company is now dead.
    Can you say what the source of your information is? Last night I contacted Firstcall about Colorvir as it stocks Colorvir products and is a big customer of Colorvir.

I received a reply today from Rodney Bates, Sales Director, as follows: "Colorvir has not ceased trading and we have good stocks and our new order from France is being delivered next week"

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I read it in a french magazine. Don't remember if it was Reponse Photo or Le Photographe...

But It's not the Bible. And if it is still alive, I would be glad.
    Aurelien, Analog Photographer

the analog place to be

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin